Talk

Advanced search

Planning to have 3rd baby - is it good in India?

(6 Posts)
nirmal2595 Mon 22-Jul-13 11:53:33

Hi,
I am 31 Years old and My wife is 28 years old. We have 2 daughters of 3yrs and 1 months old. Currently we are in US, when we came to know our 2nd baby gender my wife got very much disappointed because she want a baby boy. So she was suggestig to have 3 baby, but I convinced her saying in india educated people like us wont prepare to have 3 baby.. and if we have.. the society will look us like different.. and we both are happy having 2 daughter. She some what accepted, but all my friends circle have a boy baby so she is siliently feeling bad that she is not having a boy.

Our both baby born normal delivery without any issues, so even our parents suggesting to go for 3rd. In this situation I am confused. Shall I go for a third, If I have a 3rd baby will Indian people looks me as alien or un-educated person? I see some people are with only one baby and if I go for 3 what they will think?

Financially I can manage with 3 kids, but still what is holding me to go for this decision? Please help me to get out of this stress with your suggestions.

FYI, We are ready accept if the 3rd baby is girl.

chloeb2002 Fri 26-Jul-13 21:07:28

Hi! It's a hard cultural question.. I'd re post in living overseas where some of the expat crew may be able to offer more advice wink

AnnabelleLee Fri 26-Jul-13 21:09:37

Does it matter what other people think? I know people thought I was insane having my third, but what do I care what they think?

MrsDeVere Fri 26-Jul-13 21:12:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dysfunctionallynormal Sun 01-Sep-13 01:08:56

If you both truly want another child then go for it. Ignore what other people think or say. Our culture is terrible for that! Remember it is YOUR life and YOU provide for your family-not them.

Superone Wed 27-Feb-19 16:32:44

I know this is an old post but I am in the same boat. What did you guys decided. Did u have a third child. If so, was it manageable with 3 kids

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »