Talk

Advanced search

Are your kids loud?

(20 Posts)
FiveRingsForDinner Fri 07-Sep-12 11:21:42

Or is it just my family where you're met with a sonic boom of noise as you enter the house/walk down the street?

Notgrownupinmyhead Fri 07-Sep-12 11:28:31

Yes. Only 2 til 3 is born. I am a gob on a stick too. grin

MarjorieAntrobus Fri 07-Sep-12 11:42:50

Oh yes! grin

wimpsneedsleep Fri 07-Sep-12 11:43:37

Yes very. I frequently sound like a fish wife too trying to make myself heard over the noise grin

Melindaaa Fri 07-Sep-12 11:47:53

Yes! Ours is the only family you can hear when walking down the street. I don't know whether this is because I am tuned into our own loudness, or whether there really are no other loud families around.

It isn't helped by us having windows open a lot of the time. Unless everyone is out, or all childreare asleep, there is literally never a quiet moment. Playing, crying, shouting, bickering, whining, laughing, tv etc etc.

It's all normal family noise, but we seem so much louder because there are a lot of us. Plus one of my twins is extremely shouty. And my eleven year old is particularly irritating - he irritates both me and his siblings relentlessly so wherever he is, there is a circle of people telling him to bugger off.

dysfunctionalme Fri 07-Sep-12 11:59:30

I grew up in a big family and it was pretty quiet. We used to ask other kids round to play to liven it up a bit.

Twonker Fri 07-Sep-12 19:56:05

All the kids on our street are loud.... I take it as a sign of happiness! I love the sound of kids playing. I think the ageing neighbours heaved a huge sigh of relief when they all went back to school though!

Pochemuchka Fri 07-Sep-12 20:01:03

I only have 2 until DC3 arrives but they make enough noise for 5!
Even though they are only 3 and 18 months I can hear them on the next street when I'm walking home from work!

ScarletBadgers Fri 07-Sep-12 21:48:54

So loud! I think it's why both neighbours are childless ;) we send Christmas cards apologising for the noise. They are always quiet by 8pm the latest tho so hopefully not too difficult to live next to

FiveRingsForDinner Sat 08-Sep-12 08:15:05

Good to hear it smile

Maybe too tough on my dc for just being... Many.

slipperandpjsmum Sat 08-Sep-12 13:44:00

Oh yes we are! I was first alerted to this when I noticed how much noise a large family who lived opposite to us made. When I was at the front of my house I could hear them, in fact I could here them from our front room if the windows were open. It was at that point I realised we infact made just as much (if not more noise) than them! We live in a semi, we are attached to a woman who is virtually completely deaf. I always worry what would happen if she moved, we must be the neighbors from hell!

surfingluby Thu 20-Sep-12 13:48:35

OMG my kids are soooo loud! I'm convinced it's because we're a big family but it might just be that we're loud smile
We have 3 DC 11 and two 8 yr olds but since they could talk they've been loud, we laugh and say when ever we go somewhere we don't need to worry about loosing the kids because once we've been there for 10 mins everyone knows their ours and their names smile
I feel like a fog horn trying to talk over them to get their attention!!!

MummyPig24 Sat 22-Sep-12 06:04:19

I only have 2 children and they are SO loud! We live below a childless couple in their 40s and I feel sorry for them with the constant shouting, squealing and crying. We are moving today, they're probably goinf to have a party when we go haha. Thankfully moving next door to v.loud 2yo twins so we won't feel so bad!

insanityscratching Sat 22-Sep-12 06:11:26

No our five are really quiet, it's the first thing people comment on when they visit tbh but dh and I are quiet too so I think it must have rubbed off on them.

Nandocushion Sat 22-Sep-12 06:57:46

No. Mine are mostly quiet and very happy, and if they weren't quiet, I'd do something about it. All you loud ones sound like nightmare neighbours.

I'd wink here, but I don't really mean it. It really does sound like it would be awful living next to you. Having said that, if you don't have anyone close, then go for it.

FiveRingsForDinner Sat 22-Sep-12 09:56:46

What do you recommend?

The gaffer tape irritated their skin rather.

fanoftheinvisibleman Sat 22-Sep-12 10:01:23

I was attracted by the thread title and then saw the topic but I have an only and everyone from teachers to friends comment how loud he is. I have friends with several kids who don't make half the noise of my one.

Dh moans about my family though and says we are all loud. He says we don't converse but just sit opposite each other shouting! I'm only one of two so I'm not from a large family either...just a loud one!

fanoftheinvisibleman Sat 22-Sep-12 10:01:23

I was attracted by the thread title and then saw the topic but I have an only and everyone from teachers to friends comment how loud he is. I have friends with several kids who don't make half the noise of my one.

Dh moans about my family though and says we are all loud. He says we don't converse but just sit opposite each other shouting! I'm only one of two so I'm not from a large family either...just a loud one!

Notgrownupinmyhead Sat 22-Sep-12 10:01:39

Chloroform? Im considering using this on ds1. Im allowed to be loud Im the fishwife mother.

lljkk Sun 30-Sep-12 23:13:49

DS2 is loud. He makes 3x as much noise as the other 3 put together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now