Talk

Advanced search

what 7 seater car should i be looking at?

(15 Posts)
rachmanu Sun 08-Jul-12 19:49:25

I have finally passed my test, and with 4 kids theres no option of a small car lol. Im looking for a 7 seater that still has boot space even with all seats in. I have 3 under 5's so would prefere single seats so easier for car seats etc. Im buying second hand, hopefully no more than 7-8 yrs old and up to 70,000 miles on clock. I quite like the look of the galaxy...but ideally want good fuel efficient not to complicated to drive. I wont be jumping in it loads to begin with so can take my time to get used to it. Any help is appriciated, also best insurence companies. Thx

BaldricksTurnip Sun 08-Jul-12 19:52:22

We have just bought a Galaxy secondhand and absolutely love it. Bit thirsty but loads of space, lovely to drive and overall an excellent family car. Definitely recommend.

chloeb2002 Tue 10-Jul-12 17:34:39

not sure if your get them in the Uk but we have a hyundai imax and love it.. 8 seats and a huge boot!

Ladyemem Tue 10-Jul-12 22:26:24

we are a family of 6 and have a ford galaxy diesel. They are brilliant. Ours is 11 years old.

surfingluby Thu 20-Sep-12 14:17:30

I had a Sharan which is exactly the same as a galaxy, I have 3 DC age 11 and 8 yr old twins. It just wasn't big enough for us and the boot is tiny so we now have a VW T4, more juicy but it's to be expected with a big car! Love it and would never go back smile

BoffinMum Sun 23-Sep-12 21:55:28

Renault Grand Scenic is great - 5 seats plus 2 in the boot that fold up to become proper seats.

orangeberries Mon 24-Sep-12 14:12:46

I have an S-Max which is kind of the sporty version of the Galaxy, would highly recommend - very similar to the Galaxy but with a bit more umph drive wise!

uptherear Tue 25-Sep-12 18:30:44

We have a ford galaxy and love it. Very flexible seating and 7 full seats. I think it was people carrier of the year numerous times.

PotteringAlong Tue 25-Sep-12 18:35:23

We've got a qashqai +2 which is the 7 seat version and I love it and secretly pretend I'm driving the A team van

deleted203 Tue 25-Sep-12 18:40:38

I looked at LOADS of 7 seaters when we needed to get one and by far, far the best was a Toyota Lucida. Far too many 7 seaters have crap boot space. My second choice was a Ford Galaxy but I've had 2 Lucidas now and they are brilliant. 2.2 tdi automatics. Very reliable, very easy to drive. (and they are 8 seaters).

ninjanurse Tue 25-Sep-12 18:43:25

We are a 6 person family, and we have got a Fiat Multipla which is a 6 seater, 3 in front and 3 in back. Because you havent got the 3rd row of seats, you still get a really big boot. Loads and Loads of room even with 3 adults across the front. I know they are ugly as hell but they are very practical and economical. We picked up a 55 plate plate with 70000 miles for £4k.

LadyMetroland Wed 26-Sep-12 22:19:16

Look at the Citroen C4 Grand Picasso. Has won various awards for being good value, and gets good reviews online. Don't actually own one but would like to!

needsomesunshine Mon 01-Oct-12 04:21:05

I couldn't buy the Toyota, looks so bad! The newer version is nice but not cheap. We have had so many interesting experiences with our 7 seaters! Renault scenic, Peugeot 806, vauxhall zafira, Mazda mpv and now the Peugeot 807. The last is the best but 03 & they stopped making them. The sliding doors are great & plenty of space. The Renault & zafira 3rd row are far too small for my 5 boys and all the pe bags, football kits & shopping.smile

NAR4 Thu 04-Oct-12 11:22:34

We have a Hyundai Trajet, which has 7 full size seats and a good sized boot. They do seem to have gear box problems at about 80,000 miles though, so get one with really low milage or one that has had the gear box replaced. Would love a Hyundai i800 though if we had the money.

advance01 Sat 06-Oct-12 21:07:34

We have a grand scenic which is lovely. However, middle seat is not full size. Edging towards galaxy or seat alhambra for next car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now