Talk

Advanced search

Chaotic breakfast time!

(3 Posts)
studentdesignresearch Wed 05-Oct-11 13:56:55

I am a student at northumbria university and I want to do a project on 'family breakfasts'. Growing up our breakfast routine was always chaotic. I want you guys to tell me what breakfast is like for you! What it means to you and what your routine is and i want to know everything, the good the bad, and the ugly. Even if you just want to rant about not having enough time or your 3 year old getting jam in your hair!

verybusyspider Thu 06-Oct-11 07:43:32

breakfast is ok here, I like starting the day sitting down for breakfast with the children, unfortunently I have to be at work for 7am 4 days so I don't but dh does.

The only issue I have is (and this is for every meal time) being a waiting service for the children, no sooner have I sat down someone asks for another drink, more food, drops a fork, needs potty etc etc... it sometimes make sense to feed them first then us but defeats the object of trying to sit round table together... and I hate it when I've poured the milk on my cereal and then it ends up going soggy

lollystix Thu 06-Oct-11 22:53:24

I work 4 days so I need to get myself and 3 very little kids ready. I put them at the table, spend my time on my feet rushing around getting them stuff - more milk, more toast, picking up spoons whilst rushing back and forwards to my bedroom over the corridor (flat living) to dry my hair, apply make up, get dressed and pack the eldest's school bag. Once they are all fed and watching fifi, I then gobble some weetabix standing up before heading out the door for breakfast club and nursery drop off before getting to my desk for 8.45 and my first cup of coffee. It's mental and we don't eat as a family - no time BUT I insist they do sit at table rather than tv meals which I grew up with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now