Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know of any reasonable hotel chains for larger families ! DC 18 15 8 and 1 ! x

(7 Posts)
Timetochange70 Tue 04-Oct-11 22:39:33

We`ve had too rather silly episodes of sneaking dd 1 into travelodge hotel room ! Does anywhere similar sleep 3 children and a cot legally ! x

ICantFindAFreeNickName Wed 05-Oct-11 00:26:02

I don't know of anywhere that would allow 2 adults & 3 children & a cot. Could you not get 2 rooms at the travel lodge ?
Most hotels seem to have a cut off point for children at about 15 (although some are even younger, saw one the other day where it was 8 - ffs!)

Trills Wed 05-Oct-11 00:28:01

It sounds as if what you have it 3 adults and 2 children, or perhaps 4 adults and one child, not 2 adults and 3 children.

sunnydelight Sun 09-Oct-11 05:32:26

It is a nightmare when kids are classed as adults but you are still the one paying for all of them, but in hotel terms you have four adults and two children. i don't think you will find anyone who would let you all be in one room (they probably wouldn't be allowed to in terms of health and safety tbh, six in a room would be classed dormitory accommodation). Your best bet would be a two bed apartment, or you might find somewhere with interconnecting rooms which would allow 2 adults and a child in each room. We are about to become four adults and one child so I feel your pain!

Rikalaily Sun 09-Oct-11 09:20:21

We used a family room at Premier Inn with 4 kids but they are all small, oldest was 8 at the time. I think you'll be hard pushed to find anywhere that will let you sleep 3 adults with one of those classed as a child. When my kids are that age I'll get two rooms and put the two oldest in together.

Bellie Sun 09-Oct-11 09:22:58

Not sure whether it will help or not - never had to use them personally, but a friend of mine swears by this website www.roomfor5.co.uk/

Purpleroses Mon 10-Oct-11 00:00:40

Youth hostels are great for this size of group and would let you have a family room with 6 bunk beds. A few of them even have double rooms so you could have a double room (with a double bed!) and a 4 bunk room for the kids. Most do food - not hotel quality but cheaper, or you can self-cater.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now