Talk

Advanced search

I won't cope

(10 Posts)
gluttom Sun 18-Sep-11 15:38:06

Not sure if this is because i am 39 weeks pregnant now but i feel really panicy about the arrival of dd1 - dc3. My 2 boys are 2.4 and 3.9. Not sure if they sense my tiredness and fatigue but they are playing up - not listening to what I'm saying, fighting, messing around doing things they shouldn't - today in feel in a panic almost feeling physically ill with worry. Please tell me it wok be okish

ImNotAnsweringIt Sun 18-Sep-11 17:19:19

You must remember, it is much easier to have a small baby than to be pregnant. The tiredness you feel when pg is much worse then the sleep deprivation tiredness. You'll be fine, you'll have help(?) in the form of paternity leave, visitors, GPs etc. RElax about your boys behaviour an dtry not to read too much into it - take one day at a time and assume it will be ok. It probably will be, things usually are! You are having a baby very soon so perfectly allowed to feel paniky and irrational. Good luck x

juuule Sun 18-Sep-11 17:27:53

39weeks, panicky, somewhat overwhelmed with things? Are you also feeling like you want to get away and have some peace and quiet or just be left to do your own thing for a while? Hmmm....it's possible that labour might not be too far off. Hang on in there, the finish line is in sight and it willl all be different on the other side. Take whatever opportunities you can to do what you want to do until then.

gluttom Sun 18-Sep-11 17:47:57

Thanks -yes I exactly want to go to cave and be on my own right now. I feel deeply irritated. The panic started in the night and hasn't left all day - so tired today couldn't manage a labour right now.

BarbieLovesKen Sun 18-Sep-11 19:18:56

Juuules is dead right.

I think you're completely normal to be honest - I panicked like this in the weeks up to dd2's arrival (now 14 weeks) and honestly, am shocked that despite the certain amount of chaos (5 year old and 17 month old too) the level of calm she has brought to the house. Having 3 is so fantastic that we've decided on a number 4 in a couple of tears time - something we never thought we' d want.

You will cope. Because you have to and you'll just get on with it and life without dc3 will seem odd..

Haribojoe Sun 18-Sep-11 20:07:12

Like the other posters I think you sound normal.

I felt the same way last year when heavily pregnant with DS3, got myself in a right state thinking how will I manage when I'm out of breath, struggling to get upstairs etc.

Then a lightbulb went on and I remembered that I wouldn't be pregnant and the things that were getting me down would no longer be an issue.

DS3 came along and all was fine, can remember getting excited about walking to pick DS1 up from school 3 days later and not getting out of breath. Small pleasures grin

Good luck and congratulations in advance.

ImNotAnsweringIt Sun 18-Sep-11 20:17:23

Brilliant typo Barbie, hopefully tears of joy!

BarbieLovesKen Sun 18-Sep-11 20:51:18

grinblushblush

lollystix Sun 18-Sep-11 22:49:21

3 is lovely - congratulations. Not saying it's not mental at points but it's alot of fun. Saying that I ended up in tears on all mine today at bedtime- think my hormones are going a bit bonkers too as 35 weeks now. Been having weird braxtons all night and I'm wondering if something (or someone is imminent).

BarbieLovesKen Sun 18-Sep-11 23:18:30

Ooh lollystix how exciting!!!! At 35 weeks you are definitely allowed to cry at bedtime (or any other time for that matter!) best of luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now