Advanced search

Getting the family newbie into a routine

(7 Posts)
Loopymumsy Fri 16-Sep-11 21:55:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DrownedGirl Sat 17-Sep-11 14:42:59

18w is very young. I think you will find a pattern starts to emerge by 6m

threecurrantbuns Sat 17-Sep-11 15:16:41

Watching with interest as pregnant with dc4 and all of a sudden in a panic. It's hard getting a baby into a routine with older siblings.

I've found dc got into a routine but later than the first two he is 18months now and usually fab and happy but due to a messed up routine over the summer he is now slowly becoming harder work sleeping less etc god knows how I'll get dc4 into boy routine I'm having a real panic of what have a done despite this she being planned I'm really worried how I'll cope now.

Hopefully someone will be along soon with advise for you x

threecurrantbuns Sat 17-Sep-11 15:17:42

Some been extra words in there not sure how a managed that

Loopymumsy Sun 18-Sep-11 07:39:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mathanxiety Sun 18-Sep-11 07:54:38

I never got any of mine sorted into any sort of routine before they entered a new phase of growth or we turned the clocks back or whatever and everything went belly up once again, but DC4 was the worst of all. Those 4th babies tend to have minds of their own imo. Mine didn't even have colic as an excuse.

She slept through the night at the grand old age of 2.5, screamed herself blue in the face whenever I went out shopping with her, or anywhere in the car for that matter, and was the most incorrigible Terrible Two and Three I have ever experienced. She is lovely now, aged 13.

What made it worse was looking at the clock, looking at the calendar, looking at it in terms of a struggle between the two of us, and fretting about the lack of routine. Going with the flow was the best attitude, and I found the Dr Sears book 'The Fussy Baby Book; Parenting Your High-Need Child From Birth to Age Five' (though I seem to remember it was called 'The High Needs Baby' back when I read it, but then I hadn't slept for months at that stage.)

mathanxiety Sun 18-Sep-11 07:55:39

..a terrific help to me (sorry forgot to finish my sentence)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now