Talk

Advanced search

what car/van /people carrier do you have...need a minimum 6 seater

(20 Posts)
biglips Fri 16-Sep-11 14:10:27

we are gonna sell our beloved car for a bigger car cos it only got 5 seats in and we are ttc no 3 (ive got a DSD who lives with her mum and she comes to ours every 2 weeks from Friday night till Sunday night). We need a vehicle that also take our camping gear as weve got a huge tent, big cool box, and etc (got a roof box too).

Dp is thinking of a getting a works van with windows and transfer it into a family van........its a big van and my eldest will be in school all day and youngest will be in half days..so hoping to get a big car.

thanks

lisaneedsarest Fri 16-Sep-11 14:13:38

We've got a Fiat Multipla, it's really ugly, but inside it is huge, it has 6 seats and a big boot. We have 3 dc's all in big car seats in the back and they all have more than enough room, we've just got back from a weeks self catering UK holiday and managed to pack everything in the boot that we needed (which was a lot as you can imagine) as well as taking a double phil and teds buggy.

JillySnooper Fri 16-Sep-11 14:14:46

Landrover Disco. 7 seater.

Fantastic, takes all kinds of abuse and plenty of space.

JKSLtd Fri 16-Sep-11 14:16:53

We have a VW Sharan, it's fab smile

SybilBeddows Fri 16-Sep-11 14:19:59

Mitusbishi Grandis. Drives like a van but enormous boot even when the third row of seats are up.
We have taken 4 kids camping (think huge tent as well as other kit) plus inflatable canoe, without too much trouble.

biglips Sat 17-Sep-11 14:26:55

well landrover disco and Mitusbishi Grandis......are fab cars but couldnt afford to buy one sad

we were gonna get a fiat multipla last year before we decided to buy a renault laguna....fab boot space. VW Sharan...weve just seen one in a car sales yard and there's hardly any boot space once all the seats are up.

Even the chrysler voyager or the renault espace (2005) model....the boots are tiny.....prob will be looking into a van now......will still be looking..and thanks all.

JKSLtd Sat 17-Sep-11 14:45:33

I know some friends who are looking at a VW Transporter, they come with or without rear windows, so can be a van or a family bus smile

stressheaderic Sat 17-Sep-11 14:47:02

I have a Citroen C4 Picasso. Cheap as chips to tax and fill up. Loads of room inside. Not gonna win and beauty awards but who cares.

seeker Sat 17-Sep-11 14:48:32

Bongo!!

buttonmoon78 Wed 21-Sep-11 11:15:41

Mercedes Vito. Big. And safe.

chocolatchaud Wed 21-Sep-11 11:17:31

Ford SMax - brilliant, not too big to park etc, but we have utterly trashed it!

StellaAndFries Wed 21-Sep-11 11:20:53

We also have the old bug shape Fiat Multipla, it has 3 full-size seats in the back and in the front so fitting car seats isn't a problem. The boot easily fits the phil and teds and a weeks shopping.

Frog253 Wed 21-Sep-11 20:16:32

Get a trailer for (some of) the camping stuff, we have a roof box and trailer and didn't therefore need to completely fill the car as well this summer.

Hullygully Wed 21-Sep-11 20:17:49

Toyota Emina/Estima

8 seats, tons of room

tassisssss Wed 21-Sep-11 20:22:39

We have a toyota corolla verso and I like it a lot. We have 3 kiddos but regularly have extras. I love the way the extra 2 seats can pop up and down no bother. So, I get to Tesco with 7 seats up, do a big shop and just easy as anything pop away one or both of the seats in the boots.

The flexibility of this is key to me. I think it would be less of a deal if you generally needed to keep all seats up (or down and only used v occasionally).

RantyMcRantpants Wed 21-Sep-11 20:30:35

We had a Renault Grand Espace and that is huge. It had plenty of space for 6 plus our humungous tent and all the related camping stuff. The back 2 seats can be up, down or come out. It is also surprising what you can fit in the footwells.

bumpybecky Wed 21-Sep-11 20:46:50

toyota estima smile has 8 seats is roomy and cheap!

saladfingers Tue 27-Sep-11 14:59:30

Honda FRV 6 seats very comfortable with huge boot.Fits 3 car seats in the back easily.We have a roof box but will need a trailer to attempt camping again.Nicer looking car than the Multipla.They have stopped production unfortunately but still some around second hand.

Nanny01 Tue 27-Sep-11 18:27:45

C4 Grand Picasso- we bought ours reduced as it was pre registered and they were changing designs so got a good deal. We will have 5 kids soon and so the exra seat is great. Also went camping this yr and fitted a 8 man tent plus all the equipment into it with a large roof box. I think the only problem with this and other cars like this is that the rear seats are really for smaller kids our 4 yr old and 8 year old are ok but the 13 yr old would be very uncomfortable in those rear seats. Fortunately we don't do big trips very often so I don't think it's going to be a problem.

PrettyCandles Tue 27-Sep-11 18:38:55

We have 3dc and a new-model Ford Galaxy and are very pleased with it. If you want to have a 5-seater most of the time, and a very easy change to 6/7-seater, I really recommend it. The extra seats are adult-size and permanently in the car, so no heavy lifting nor need to find storage for them. With them folded down the boot is massive, and even with them up the boot is still big enough for buggy plus picnic and a day's supply of kit for seven people.

If OTOH you want the seats up most of the time then we really liked the biggest Citroën - can't remember whether it was the C4 or C8, but the bigger one anyway (I'm no petrol-head). I think the equivalent Peugeot is virtually identical.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now