Talk

Advanced search

bedroom crisis

(5 Posts)
heavyheartedfarted Sat 16-Jul-11 19:46:48

Really fed up and would like some opinions.
I am a recently single mum to 4dc ds1 (13) dd1(12) ds2 (5) dd2 (nearly 2).I have a 3 bedroom house but have turned dining room into a bedroom.At the moment ds1 and dd2 both have their own rooms and 4 months ago dd2 moved from my room to share a room with ds2.Ds2 has very bad behaviour,goes to sleep fine when had his own room but him sharing is just not working,i am so fed up of every bedtime being a battle dragging on till gone 9pm every night and half the time me ending up with dd2 in my bed half the time.
I have thought about this for a long time and have decided that now ds1 and ds2 should share,which would have happened in the long term when ds2 and dd2 became to old to share,of course this has not gone down at all well with ds1 even though i have said he can decide how the room is decorated and will give him £50 compensation,he says i have ruint his life and he will get picked on at school.
I feel like a crap mum.

purplefish Sat 16-Jul-11 20:07:41

Why can't your daughters share?

purplefish Sat 16-Jul-11 20:08:59

Sorry, posted too soon. It seems unfair to your eldest son to have to share if your younger son behaves badly. Surely it would be better for the boys to have their own rooms and the girls to share....

heavyheartedfarted Sat 16-Jul-11 20:15:00

My thoughts were that the age gap between the boys is the smallest so thats why they were to share and ds2 does not really use his room apart from sleeping,he prefers to be downstairs.DD1 did share with ds2 for 2 years before we turned the dining room into a bedroom so i feel she has had her turn sharing.

Mummy2Noah Mon 18-Jul-11 20:49:55

Could DD2 not stay in your room a bit longer? Or could you sleep in the living room giving all of the children their own rooms?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now