Talk

Advanced search

How was your 6th labour?

(9 Posts)
Almost6 Tue 31-May-11 16:40:32

just wondering how labour/childbirth went for those who have 6 or more?
Was it quick/slow, stop/start, etc
Don't remember any of the crampy pains or twinges with other 5 pg's in last weeks but 39 weeks today and have had on off twinges, aches, very uncomfortable bh for past couple of weeks! Given up thinking that any of it will amount to anything, also tmi but I've had quite an upset tummy both ends yesterday!
Any one else that can share there experience of there 6th or more I would love to hear!
Thanks

angelstar Tue 31-May-11 17:46:30

I was niggly for a couple of weeks but nothing happening them at 41+2w he was born in 20mins and I had to deliver him myself on the bathroom floor. My 4th and 5th labors were quick but this one I had 3 pains and wanted to push. I would recommend not getting in a car if you don't think you'll make it to the hospital.

womanwholivedinashoe Tue 31-May-11 17:58:15

I'm expecting my 6th (just 8 weeks) so had a look at this thread out of interest. I had my 5th in one hour from when the pains started luckily hospital was only 1 mile away. However we are moving to Norfolk where the closest hospital is 7 miles but apparently we're on a road that when busy could mean getting to Norwich could take an hour???? (lol) might not be getting in a car. Good luck to you Almost6 xx

juuule Tue 31-May-11 19:20:05

41+3. Nothing at all and then one huge double-you-up pain at around 2am. Normal contractions after that. Set off for hospital at 3am ish. Baby born before 3:30am. Brilliant smile

Almost6 Tue 31-May-11 21:40:13

Thank you ladies, have already been thinking I might not make hosp as it half hour away, was gona go for home birth but told pph risk is higher n I should go hosp! Other labours have been quick once in established labour lasting roughly 1-2 hours so am hoping for same with this 1 just enough time to sort other dc's out n get hosp!
did you go over with your other dc's? I've had late for girl n early for boys so just wondering if pattern likely to continue or will I be waiting around!
Thank you again for sharing

womanwholivedinashoe Tue 31-May-11 22:18:07

one girl early and then all the boys started getting later and later so the opposite of yours.
I took DS3 to school before rushing to the hospital lol!!

dottyaboutstripes Wed 01-Jun-11 09:43:24

Good luck! My 6th was a c/s after 5 vag births. It was a bit of a shock to the system I can tell you!

angelstar Wed 01-Jun-11 19:03:56

My first 5 were all born in the 39th week sometime, the 6th was the only one to go overdue. Good luck , I'm sure you will be fine :-)

MmeBlueberry Wed 01-Jun-11 19:06:21

I think she just fell out smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: