Talk

Advanced search

anyone else thinking of getting a reserved spot at A&E?

(14 Posts)
wheresthepimms Wed 25-May-11 11:37:00

Is it just me, or do the rest of you with large families (we have 4 DCs) find yourself thinking that you should have a reserved parking space at A&E and if there was a frequent flier program you would be on your third round the world trip by now grin. Am I the only one going grey with the fortnightly (at least) trips to get yet another child glued or stitched up?

Please tell me I am not alone and that you too have clumsy children

Haribojoe Wed 25-May-11 13:12:04

We haven't got to this stage yet (3DS) but I'm expecting it to start soon.

dottyaboutstripes Wed 25-May-11 13:15:23

I often think it's incredible that we have never once had a trip like that to A&E with 6 kids. I guess it's just a matter of time confused

LargeGlassofRed Wed 25-May-11 13:15:58

Yep have 5 Dc's and I'm a regular would like to have just a week with no hospital or Doctors visits!

HattiFattner Wed 25-May-11 13:20:57

oh me....my best friend and I have 5 boys between us, aged 11, 8, 7, 5 and 2. I take mine in for broken bones. She takes hers in for stitches. We have a point system, and Im currently winning.

wheresthepimms Wed 25-May-11 13:30:45

hatti maybe I can join your game, none of my friends will play with me. hmm. We have had a week of it DD1 fell over ice skating and sprained her wrist,DS1 fell over ice skating and ice burnt/ cut all his face, DD2 got pushed off a slide onto a wooden fence and has a swollen bruised cheek (they thought she had broken her jaw) and DS2 shut his own head in a toilet door at school and needed glue and observation as he went all sleepy and non coherent on us. I dread to think what they will get up to in half term next week, I give it 3 hours before we end up with one of them in A&E again grin

bellylicious Thu 26-May-11 20:27:59

yup im with you!
we have 4dc 3 boys and a girl, were quite lucky that we have a minor injuries unit right around the corner..............we are on first name basis now!
grin if its not a twisted ankle its a sprained wrist if its not that then its for a stitching up or a glue lol

though it was my turn a couple of weeks ago when i went into a+e they wonderd where the kids were hmm
i want reward point for them reaching their 5th birthdays im sure im doing something wrong grin

wheresthepimms Thu 26-May-11 21:57:11

Well we didn't need to wait for half term. DS2 was back in for 4 hours last night as his vision went blurred, they decided he has a severe concussion from the toilet door and he's now off school for the rest of the week and then DD1 went to the doctors as her "sprained" wrist was getting worse, now have a X-ray appointment in the morning they now think she didn't sprain it she broke it. They could at least give me the car park fees back cost me £2.50 every time we go grin

mathanxiety Sat 18-Jun-11 23:24:22

I put the doctor we saw the most on my Christmas card list. He greeted DS by name every time.

Wheresthepimms, be careful with the concussion patient. DS had a serious one and was told no looking at screens, no reading, no sudden movements, extreme care getting into bed and out again, extreme care going upstairs and downstairs -- for a week. All he could do was listen to the radio for spells up to an hour and sit on the couch. He nearly went crazy but the doctor was deadly serious.

handmedownqueen Sat 02-Jul-11 04:25:57

yep me too
i have five
two weeks ago I had one in one AED in the city and another in a different one. One set himself on fire cooking and the other fell over at school and broke her arm
whats the odds of that all at once!

wheresthepimms Mon 04-Jul-11 14:01:36

Mathanxiety he was fine after a few days off, but yes very scary.
Handmedownqueen your kids sound as daft as mine, could imagine mine doing that but so far we have only had repeated trips in one day to same A&E with different ones.

SKYTVADDICT Mon 04-Jul-11 14:09:21

Please it isn't just us then grin. (4 DCs). Although it is DD2 who mainly gets to go!

SKYTVADDICT Mon 04-Jul-11 14:12:44

In fact the last two times she has been we have been asked if we would like her to have any more x-rays! And if it were on her body and not her ankle they wouldn't be recommeding us to go ahead!

wheresthepimms Tue 05-Jul-11 09:23:30

with us it is mainly DD1 or DS2 they both have the same need to participate in sports to the extreme and not get hurt but walk off the pitch and bang their heads somehow. DD1 knocked herself out once by shutting her own head in the car door grin was quite funny afterwards she was so embarrassed that she couldn't count backwards for the doctor when as an 8 year old she was currently doing 13 year old maths, brought her back down to earth for while grin. 3 days later she fell from the top of a climbing frame onto her head and shoulder and they couldn't decided whether to CAT scan her again as she was all silly or put it down to the previous bump on the head. They x rayed her shoulder and turned out she had moved her growth plate, nothing they could do but very painful. They hadn't wanted to x ray her but decided as she was complaining they would, she doesn't complain normally walked around on a broken bone in her foot for a week before saying it was hurting.

DS2 teacher told me last week if the health and safety man ever saw my DS then he would not be allowed in school, he has filled the school accident book and I was asked to provide plasters for him as he has used 3 boxes in the 2 terms he has been there. She said she thought he might be dyspraxic but then said no actually he just gets in the wrong place at the wrong time all the time.grin She also said I must get through a lot of wine to calm my nerves grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now