Talk

Advanced search

Questions to parents of 4 close in age...

(5 Posts)
OnlyMe1971 Tue 24-May-11 12:29:15

Hi, I'm currently on a campaign of trying to persuade DH to have a 4th.
But I do have a few questions... hope they are not too nosey, don't answer if you don't want to...

How is your sex life? Ours has already dwindled a LOT. Luckily, most of the time DH is as knackered as I am so also feels it's a bit of a chore. But whne we do it's nice and well worth the wait. Just wondering if what's left of our sex life would totally go down the drain with a 4th child on the scene.

Do you shout a lot? I found that with 2 kids i didn't have to raise my voice much, but since the arrival of nubmer 3 I seem to shout every day, which I hate, but sometimes it's the only way to get them to stop fighting/tearing the house assunder, stop screeching etc.

Thanks!

peacemoon Tue 24-May-11 19:30:20

Hi,I have 4 (3boys & 1 girl) and have managed to maintain a fairly good sex life.Doesn't happen often on a school night but we make up for it at weekends and when the opportunity arises!
I'm afraid to say shouting comes with the territory!There are so many of them u have to shout to be heard.They don't seem to be "damaged" by it.In fact I would say it's just a normal part of a big passionate family.Might be different if it was nasty shouting but it's just being heard!Not that anyone listens!

threecurrantbuns Thu 26-May-11 20:50:26

watching with interest, hopefully some more people along soon

sweetkitty Fri 27-May-11 21:29:57

I have 4 with just under 6 years between them all, the youngest has just turned one.

Sex life - erm bit of a sore subject. Just too knackered plus due to lack of space DS is still in our room cot right up against the bed which kind of puts you off.

Shouting - erm yes I do shout a lot fat lot of good it does me most of the time.

It's noisy, messy, stressful, chaotic but wouldn#t change it for the world.

3peasinapod Fri 27-May-11 23:17:48

Watching this one with interest!!

I have 3 and i shout, mind you no one hears me!! I swear its goes over my kids head!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now