Talk

Advanced search

large washing machine - quick wash - which is good.

(10 Posts)
whodunnit Mon 23-May-11 13:21:22

I hate washing and so figure that doing it less frequently is the answer. What large capacity washing machine does well on quick washes (about the only button I use on my present machine) and is reliable. Ideally cheap to run as well, but I guess you can't have it all.....

Help polease - what works in your experience?

ajandjjmum Mon 23-May-11 13:23:37

Hope you get some good ideas on the whodunnit - I shall be watching closely. smile

Haribojoe Mon 23-May-11 17:34:58

We bought a Beko washing machine last year with a 7kg drum and it's the best washing machine we've had so far.

Has got quick wash which takes 39 minutes and washes things perfectly well unless they're mega dirty.

I think we payed around £300 for it in Comet.

HTH

whodunnit Mon 23-May-11 21:25:40

Sounds like a great deal Haribjoe. Has it been problem free? Has anyone else got a Beko and had it for longer? How is it doing?

Thanks. Hope you get some ideas, ajandjjmum.

TheVisitor Mon 23-May-11 21:28:12

Hot point Aqualtis wth a 9kg drum. 30 minute quickwash that's good, but you do need to run a longer wash in a machine occasionally to clean it out properly.

whodunnit Mon 23-May-11 22:06:06

Oh - sounds more like it, Thevisitor. Is it a front loader? How do you know when to clean it out - does it start to smell?

Haribojoe Mon 23-May-11 22:07:09

Haven't had any problems with it (touch wood) it gets used everyday and usually minimum of 2 loads, some days I literally have it on non-stop so it's certainly been tested well!

whodunnit Mon 23-May-11 22:17:54

You poor bugger! Washing is such a drag.... But, at the risk of sounding like my other, it's a lot easier now it's summer.... my mum advised me to rent our current flat because it's got a great place to hang the washing line. There is no fear I will turn into her on the washing goddess front, thoughsmile

TheVisitor Tue 24-May-11 12:01:22

Yes, it's a front loader. Mine doesn't smell, because I tend to wash on 40 degrees and use the hot wash for bedding. It's using the quickwash function on low temps all the time which can gunk up your machine. I love my machine - had no problems with it at all.

idobelieveinfairies Wed 29-Jun-11 09:38:13

I have a <<<<runs off to check>>>>> Hoover 10kg Dynamic wash!!! and it is great!

It has rapid washes of 14, 30 and 45 mins so great when you need a forgotten laundry done quickly ;)

The man said everyone should do a wash once a month on 90 degrees as it clears out old powder and limescale-keeps everything working nicely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now