Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant with no5 - did you feel like this?

(17 Posts)
tummytickler Sat 21-May-11 18:08:26

I am only 4+6.
I cannot get over the feeling that it is all going to go horribly wrong at some point, and I am not going to bring a baby home in January.
I feel as though I have been so lucky to have 4, that 5 is pushing my luck.
I never felt this way with the other 4 dc's, so now I am also panicing that I am having some kind of 'mothers intuition' that something bad is going to happen, and it is making me worse!
Have any of you felt like this? How did you get over it?
January is so far away, I wont be able to relax until baby is here.

Wallace Sat 21-May-11 20:42:51

I did feel a bit like this with dc 4. he is now 6 months old smile congratulations on your pregnancy smile

Thornykate Sat 21-May-11 21:51:46

I am pg with my 4th & I have had moments of thinking that I have been lucky so far & can I have so much luck again?

Maybe we are just more aware of the risks too by now? I am pretty much led by my intuition usually but at times of pmt & pg I don't count on gut feeling quite as much as I get so hormonal it's hard to tell the difference for me.

Hope you stay well & enjoy the rest of your pg smile

pearlgirl Sat 21-May-11 23:55:47

I also felt like this with ds4. Couldn't quite get over the feeling I was pushing it - he is fast asleep beside me now and is a happy healthy 13 month old.
Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Diege Sun 22-May-11 17:22:43

I'm also pregnant with no.5, currently 16 weeks. Yes I am definitiely more anxious this time, maybe because I am 41 next week, and am going from feeling 100% confident to not even wanting to talk about the pregnancy or tell new people in case things go wrong, in the space of a few hours.
I think it is normal to some extent, although I had just presumed I would be very chilled this time after having done it so many times before!!
Congrats by the way grin

GaribaldiGirl Sun 22-May-11 22:10:18

i was exactly the same and had the same thoughts with my 5th pregnancy - my overwhelming feeling was that i was pushing my luck. people around me reinforced this a little bit by their reaction to my pregnancy - a lot of raised eyebrows and slightly negative comments about my age (i was 43 when i gave birth) and the fact that i had so many already.
i spent the first 12 weeks worrying that i'd made a huge mistake and would lose the baby or it would be abnormal. But I have a beautiful 21 month old girl now and she was worth all of it.
good luck!

coffeeaddict Tue 24-May-11 15:08:16

Yes! 8 weeks pregnant with no. 5 and feel exactly the same way. I have never ever contemplated losing a baby before but this time keep thinking 'do I feel sick? Shouldn't I feel sicker? Is something wrong?'

I am 41 and think I will have an amnio which I never have before. I feel the same - a little more fragile and worried. Nice to know I'm not alone.

tummytickler Mon 30-May-11 10:46:21

Thanks everyone! Nice to know I not alone, and that you had happy endings!
I am 6 weeks today! Hoorah - getting there slowly, but surely!
coffeeaddict are you due in January or December?
I am thinking about getting an early scan, but dh is very reluctant to pay for one, as we have a very expensive 18 months coming up, and he wants to tighten the belt a bit (will be interesting watching dh try to do this, it is usually me telling him to watch the spending!) . We will see. What will be, will be, regardless of whether I have an early scan or not.

Twit Wed 01-Jun-11 19:14:56

I am 35 and a bit weeks with number 5, I do worry that I might be pushing it, but I'm now just as worried that I might be pushing it for me as well as hoping BabyTwit is ok.

coffeeaddict Sun 05-Jun-11 19:30:04

I'm due January too. But trying not to think about it too much till I've got through all the milestones...

mathanxiety Sat 18-Jun-11 04:33:51

Have a healthy happy 9 year old now but she was my 5th. I was 37 when she was born, and went through anemia and GD while pregnant with her. I echo Twit's feeling -- I did think I was pushing it a bit for my system, and was glad it was all over safely after she was born. I knew throughout the pregnancy that she would be my last. I had never had that feeling before.

Dealing with a grand multigravida makes the medical professionals nervous and this can be contagious. I was sent for a detailed scan early on, refused amnio though. I couldn't see myself ever aborting so felt there was no need to impose any sort of extra risk. All the medics ever talked about was risk, it seemed...

Congratulations to all.

CheerfulYank Sat 18-Jun-11 09:40:42

My aunt's doctor told her to expect this with her third. He said "you'll feel like you're pushing the odds with this one, but I deliver healthy babies every day." smile Your babe will be just fine, I'm sure! Congrats!

tummytickler Tue 28-Jun-11 20:05:03

Just an update.
Unfortunately I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks.
I don't know if the way I felt meant anything or not! Maybe I just knew. Maybe it is a coincidence.
We have decided to wait until September before ttc again, and hopefully we will have better luck next time!

Thornykate Wed 29-Jun-11 21:22:22

tummytickler I am so sorry to read about your sad news sad

I hope you are feeling supported in RL & wish you & your family all the best for the future x

slipperandpjsmum Thu 30-Jun-11 10:14:15

So sorry, thinking of you and your family x x

coffeeaddict Thu 30-Jun-11 10:15:00

Oh, I'm sorry, tummytickler. sad

tummytickler Thu 30-Jun-11 10:20:40

Thanks for your kind wishes.
I am fine really. Dh has been great, and I have the dc's to take my mind off things, busy getting youngest dc ready to start school in September.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now