Talk

Advanced search

How do you cope with 4+ ? Not sure I am...

(12 Posts)
sorky Tue 10-May-11 06:37:34

it's like a rollercoaster really.

I adore all 4 children, but God it's hard!
I feel like I don't manage to do anything 'well' anymore. No sooner do you sort one person, then another starts crying.

The noise is just awful at times (I feel guilty if I shout at them) & the mess is overwhelming

Even the UN couldnt sort the house out some days.

Am I just crap, or does his happen to anyone else?

Wouldn't change having 4 though grin

pramsgalore4 Tue 10-May-11 13:27:59

Hi, i have 4 kids, i just ignore the noise and the mess and let them play, house is never tidy, i do the housework but by the end of the day it is just a mess, i try and take them out alot for walks and ignore the looks i get with 4 lively kids, when i only had one i would look at other mums and think omg, i am now the one they look at and think omg, my kids are 2,5,6 and 11, i find my self yelling at them at times when they go mad then remember my window is open lol,

bellylicious Tue 10-May-11 14:04:00

we all have bad days!

i have days where your having to trip over toys and general mess to get anywhere in the house, my hall is the worst! the shoes never stay on the shoe rack and the coats are always being pulled off the hooks ect ect

then other days i can do the washing load the dishwasher and have the floor hooverd and moped before weve even left for school

doesnt make you crap at all ever

4 kids are tough but i would never change it ! its fun its loud its messy yay

CandiceMariePratt Tue 10-May-11 14:12:40

I have 4 and sometimes get completely overwhelmed by it all. The shouting, arguing and mess is easy to cope with some days and not others depending on how many times I get woken in the night!

sorky Tue 10-May-11 14:57:13

Yes, I'm a bit more tired than usual. Trying desperately to declutter the house as we need to free up space.

'course MN is thwarting me wink

We have had a jama day today and snuggled on the sofa watching dvd's. I need to just chill out and not let the mess stress me (easier said than done)

Why are the windows always wide open when we shout at them, eh? lol

sweetkitty Sat 14-May-11 22:17:44

Glad it's not just me then. Whoever said they get overwhelmed summed it up. One of me (when DP not around) four of them not good odds really.

harrygracejessica Sat 14-May-11 22:55:58

Ive just entered the world of a 5 child household so still figuring it out lol.

My eldest is 4 then we have twin girls at 2.5 and now twin boys at 3 weeks - we get lots of looks when we go out i know that much lol

sweetkitty Sun 15-May-11 08:44:14

Wow harrygracejessica two sets of twins, fabulous. I take my hat off to you, getting out with 2 newborns is an achievement in itself. Not to mention 2 2 year olds.

brandnewme Sun 15-May-11 08:58:46

I 'only' have 3 (6, 3 and 1) and have lots of days feeling overwhelmed by it all. The amount of laundry is incredible, too many toys and clothes to put away, the bickering, crying, middle one seeming utterly clueless re: simple instructions and always someone wanting a piece of you!

Other days it feels so easy......but more often than not i feel like running away. Weekends are hardest...love the school run to get us organised and out ....

brandnewme Sun 15-May-11 09:01:55

Sorry - that was of no use to OP at all, but having a bad morning!

Things that have helped have been days when we've had a massive clearout - clothes and toys to tip or charity depending on their condition, Makes me feel organised and in control for a bit.....

And trips out to the park, beach where they can run and shout and burn of some energy!!!

letsgetloud Mon 16-May-11 22:25:46

Our house is always a tip. I haven't started on uniforms or packed lunches for tomorrow yet and that is stressing me a bit now. Obviously not enough to get off my backside and do it.

I have four kids. 8,5,3 and 1 (well nearly). Getting out does definately help. I just find the time it can take to get out insurmountable. I do find it hard to get to beach etc as need the buggy as baby not walking yet. I feel I have had a pram/buggy for past 8 nearly 9 years and have not been able to take kids all the places I would have liked because the buggy hinders things.

House is always a tip but do love the school run too as great coming back with just two children. I heard the phrase on mn that 1 child is as good as none and have never appreciated as much as I do now!!

LovetheHarp Tue 05-Jul-11 20:10:01

We all have days like that! I have 4 children too aged 6,5,3,2 and it is extremely hard work some days and extremely rewarding some others. Still like you, I wouldn't change it for the world!

To be honest what I find the harderst is the toddlers whinging and holding onto my leg when I trying to cook or do anything - I think when the younger two are school-age I will be enjoying them a lot more and not dreading taking them everywhere in case they both kick off at the same time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now