Talk

Advanced search

Cooking in bulk to freeze

(9 Posts)
slipperandpjsmum Sun 08-May-11 17:11:58

Does anyone know where I can get large quantities of containers to freeze meals? I have been buying them from the supermarkets but you don't get many and the cost is mounting up. I would like to order them on line really. Does anyone know anywhere I could get some?

I would also like to buy an extra large pan and casserole dish. Can anyone suggest anywhere>

Thanks.

Selks Sun 08-May-11 17:14:19

Ask friends to save the plastic tubs from chinese takeaways for you? Go to a pound shop?
Also you can use sealable freezer bags, even for liquids.
Extra large pan - caterers equipment outlet or Asian supermarket

mumcanIaskaquestion Sun 08-May-11 18:42:57

I use these foil containers in various sizes. You may be able to get similar from cookery shops.

slipperandpjsmum Tue 10-May-11 09:00:25

Hi mumcanIaskaquestion yes thats the kind of thing I was looking for. How many does that size serve for your family? Wanted to order on line to try and make life easier!! How do you find Lakeland? Do you order much from them?

mumcanIaskaquestion Tue 10-May-11 19:48:59

I can get a good 6/8 portions of Lasagne or Shepherd pie for example.

whimsicalname Wed 11-May-11 10:42:00

Buy big tub of ice cream. Eat ice cream. Use container.

mumcanIaskaquestion Wed 11-May-11 12:54:25

Sorry I missed about ordering from Lakeland, yes i order a lot a fair bit from them as I don't have shops anywhere near where I can get bits from.

wispalover Thu 12-May-11 08:27:17

Zip lock freezer bags are great for curries etc to freeze. Also you can use the celebrations sweet tin to freeze large amounts

jshibbyr Wed 15-Jun-11 18:02:54

poundland you can get those takeaway style plastic tubs about 10 for a pound, icecream tubs, get cheap icecream, give some to kids as a treat if you don't want it. there what we use, we have 5 kids and 2 adults

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now