Talk

Advanced search

How was your body after having the third? : /

(21 Posts)
mimicakey Fri 04-Mar-11 21:56:54

I'm thinking I might like to have a third but I've been pretty lucky in that my body has gone back to how it was before children. Did you find any difference when you had the third? Is there any reason to think it will be different this time?

(Please don't think this is my only consideration, I just don't know many people with one child, let alone 3!)

juuule Fri 04-Mar-11 22:38:40

No reason that it will be different this time.

I was fine after no3.

Probably depends on individual situations but if you were okay last time probably be okay this time too.

SylvanianFamily Fri 04-Mar-11 22:43:35

I'm 5kg less than pre kids. Belly is a bit loose skin - but I get the impression it only really bugs me.

The running and the lifting balances out the swelling and the gestating.

cat64 Fri 04-Mar-11 22:43:46

Message withdrawn

Rilith Sat 05-Mar-11 06:37:10

LOL I have to agree with Cat64 the pregnancies didnt make that much difference to my body... The aging process, cream cakes and chocolate certainly had more effect blush LOL

ErnestTheBavarian Sat 05-Mar-11 06:44:56

After all 4 I didn't notice any difference.

PrettyCandles Sat 05-Mar-11 07:07:51

My third was the easiest birth, and the only one after which I had extra help at home, so, physically, I recovered faster from it than from the first two. OTOH the pregnancy itself was by far the most exhausting.

If you're talking about weight loss and general fitness... Big fat uh-uh. But that, I think, was as much to do with no3 being a non-sleeper and the resulting ex haustion, plus the fact that I hit the menopause a bit early (and didn't notice because I was so knackered!).

Misfitless Sat 05-Mar-11 09:14:30

HI mimi - you sound like you're the careful when pregnant type which I always wish I'd been.

I put a lot of weight on with all my pregnancies and didn't really lose it inbetween times but that's because I ate too much so it was all my own doing and could easily have been avoided.

My second pregnancy had the most detrimental effect, but that was due to a forceps birth. I struggled with bladder problems for a few weeks afterwards which was dreadful, but it was short lived and there are no long lasting effects.

By the time I'd had my fourth baby I was seriously overweight and joined Slimming World when my DD was 5 days old. I'm slimmer now than I was before I had my second child so my third and fourth pregnancies have had no detrimental effect on my body. Keep up the pelvic floor excercises - my DP says it's had no effect in that respect!

OnHerMajestysService Sat 05-Mar-11 19:24:42

Mine was fine after my third, some crepey skin around the belly button but I'm a size 8 still.

mimicakey Sat 05-Mar-11 21:01:56

Thanks everyone! Not just for saying what I wanted to hear It does seem to make sense that if everything's been ok so far, there's no reason for that to change.

EEEEEeeek, I guess I'm thinking about having another baby then!!

threecurrantbuns Sat 05-Mar-11 21:51:32

Ive been fine after no3 the baby weight dropped off quickly without trying(looking after 3under4) same as the first too.

I actually am at my lowest weight ever BUT like some of the other have said i do have a slight wrinkly belly and bfing for a yr so far hasnt done much for my boobs.

Saying that im still considering doing it all again grin

meditrina Sat 05-Mar-11 21:57:41

Saggier each time, I'm afraid. But I put that down to being older and my skin being less elastic. The only dreadful area is the tummy, and magic knickers hold in what the stretched skin no longer snapped back to be able to do.

The boobs took the hit with no1, and didn't seem to worsen subsequently (I think the shock of the first primary enforcement did it).

mumtoxii Sun 06-Mar-11 10:37:10

Magic knickers are the answer!

buttonmoon78 Tue 08-Mar-11 17:04:39

I second (or even third) magic pants.

Dc1 did all the damage to my belly (mega stretch marks) from which it has never recovered. My boobs however, they are a little saggier than they used to be but... they've gone up a cup size with each baby. A-C so far grin. As I'm having another in July DH is hoping for a similar change this time!

ImBrian Thu 14-Apr-11 22:07:30

Tummy went back perfectly flat after 1 and 2, after 3 the skin was a tiny bit looser and it wasnt at firm but tbh most of my friends would give me a bollocking for complaining about it as it was nothing to complain about at all and I was still wearing short tops/bikinis etc. Im pregnant with no. 4 now though and dont think I'll be so lucky

pinkypig Thu 14-Apr-11 22:15:00

No stretch marks with any of my 3 (it's def genetic) but slightly more loose skin round belly. No weight issues but again I think that's largely genetic. Varicose veins worsened - genetic wink

The damage for me was done with forcep delivery for number 1 but that is a story unique to those who have had difficult forceps I think!

Haribojoe Fri 15-Apr-11 19:48:13

Didn't notice any difference, I did find the end stages of pregnancy harder than with numbers 1 and 2 but I think this had a lot to do with moving house and the fact that it was August.

I would say though that I have never felt so well after giving birth as I did with my third, I really did feel amazing.

Kevinia Fri 15-Apr-11 19:56:33

still haven't shed enough of the weight, 6m on. And am knackered. But DD is lovely

FAB5 Fri 15-Apr-11 19:59:06

Having our third baby has had a big effect on my body but I don't care. DS2 is so so worth it.

LibbyLannie Thu 24-Jan-19 11:35:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Meplusfour Sun 10-Feb-19 08:35:40

My third was easier with everyone, labour, recovery, I was up right after she was born and didn’t stop! grin snapped back quite quickly and generally felt better and back to normal much quicker than my first two.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »