Talk

Advanced search

4DCS..Anyone managed with a GrandScenic

(11 Posts)
mummysmadhouse Fri 03-Dec-10 20:06:13

Keep thinking of going for a fourth hmm

But we have a goodish car atm low mile etc..we couldnt afford another as we only got it whne i was preg with dc3 (now8mth)

Its 7seats..but seat 6and7 in the boot..do you think its doable to have the children in back row one on passanger seat at the front and one adult on a boot seat..means decresing boot space!

Is this just mad and should i just accpet we cant afford 4dcs sad

ItalianLady Fri 03-Dec-10 20:07:37

That is the car we have and my 3 go along the middle row. I don't let kids go in the front and if we pick up any other children they go in the boot.

Imarriedafrog Fri 03-Dec-10 20:09:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummysmadhouse Fri 03-Dec-10 20:15:58

Ooh this is going well smile

Mine are 4 and under so all in car seats though..makes it a squeeze..we currently put ds (8mth) in the front..airbag off!

To avoid him getting prodded and its alot easier as his seat is in and on onto pushchair etc!

I havent put any in the boot seats yet as i was advised and read in the manual that they are unsuitable for car seats..and im terrified of someone going into the back of us!...people like cashing into me! Im now nervous of other drivers!!

I did think as long as i can still get a pushchair in the boots with one seat up..then we could get a roof box when travelling with lots of stuff! Got to be cheaper than a new car

Imarriedafrog Fri 03-Dec-10 23:26:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cece Fri 03-Dec-10 23:48:54

I wouldn't think an adult could fit into the boot seats. Well not unless you are particularly petite. My 9 year old gets uncomfortable on long journeys if she is put in the back seat.

Plus my 7 year old always claims to feel sick if he sits in the back. TBH he has been known to get car sick on long journeys so it may well be true.

I have three in the middle row and two adults in the front. Or eldest child on front seat and two in middle row if DH not with us.

I'm not sure about car seats on the boot seats as my eldest two either don't need a car seat or they use a booster cushion. Best thing would be to double check with Renault themselves.

ItalianLady Sat 04-Dec-10 09:43:06

My DH has st in the boot seat and it is okay but wouldn't be great for a very long journey.

mummysmadhouse Sat 04-Dec-10 15:34:20

Ok Thanks..im not sure we would be able to fit in many holidays if we have a fourth hmm

Completely going of the subject imarriedafrong how is it have four very small ones?

mummysmadhouse Sat 04-Dec-10 15:34:48

'frong' blush

mummysmadhouse Sat 04-Dec-10 15:35:28

OMG..frog blush..BFing and MN dont mix!

perpetuallypregnant Wed 15-Dec-10 23:31:43

I love my grand scenic. I have 4DCs and one on the way although I rarely have them all in the car together as the eldest is 14 and avoids us like the plague.

I love how you can have either 1 or 2 seats up in the back so even if I have it as a 6 seater I still have a lot of boot space.

Like the sound of this roof thingy.. might have to look into that!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: