Talk

Advanced search

3+ DCs sharing a bedroom

(8 Posts)
darleneconnor Sat 20-Nov-10 23:28:30

anyone with experience of this?

How do you work beds/privacy etc?

brockleybelle Sat 20-Nov-10 23:32:14

A friend of mine has 4 dcs (5 yo, 3yo, 2yo, 1yo). She has bunk beds for the 3 and 2yos, a single bed (child size) for the 5yo and a cot for the baby. It's a fairly goodsize room but not huge.

bumpybecky Sat 20-Nov-10 23:37:55

we've got 3 dds in one room approx 16ft by 12ft with two sets of bunk beds

dd1 (12) has the end furthest from the door and has two beds to herself. dd2 (10) and dd3(5) have the bunkbeds nearest the door. We've moved a triple wardrobe so that it goes across the room screening dd1's bunk beds from the rest of the room to give her a bit of private space.

they've been like this for almost 3 years now since just before ds was born (although when they moved in the wardrobe wasn't across the middle of the room) and it's bareable but not ideal

we're currently sorting out the junk room as a bedroom for dd1, dd2 will then move into ds's room and ds will move in with dd3 in the big room

CurtainTwitcher Thu 13-Jan-11 16:12:44

We have 3 dds in one room age 5,4 and 18mths. The older 2 have single bunks and the 18mth old is in a single bed. It works well for us, there is one large wardrobe in their room and chest of drawers in our room for anything folded, with drawers under beds for pjs and underwear

bellylicious Thu 13-Jan-11 22:07:25

we have a 3 bed house and 4 dc
3 boys and 1 girl
3 boys have to share eldest is 9 has his own bed and then the 4 & 6yo have a bunk bed

room is huge though 18" by 14" so there was room for 2 tv's 1 for video games and the other for tv

baby has her own room and i think always will as since we stopped co-sleeping she cant share a room as we wake each other up grrrr

works well for us for the moment, we are on the hunt for a 4 bed and have been for a little while

harrygracejessica Fri 14-Jan-11 11:03:27

Ill have 5dc in a 3 bed house soon. Twin girls sharing the smaller of rooms (they are 2.5) they will eventually have bunkbeds. Then the boys (DS will be 4 when the boy twins arrive) will share the bigger bedroom which is the same size as mine and perfectly big enough to put them all in there.

mousymouse Fri 14-Jan-11 11:07:53

may I ask a silly question? why do you not let dd's and ds's share a room rather by age then by gender?

cumbria81 Fri 14-Jan-11 14:23:10

Yes mousymouse, I was wondering the same thing....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: