Talk

Advanced search

Two-year-olds are cute!

(21 Posts)
PrettyCandles Mon 04-Jul-05 20:23:17

Reading a picture dictionary with dd tonight - her choice of bedtime story - and she comes out with:

nyroceros (rhinoceros)
parrot (pirate)
parrot soup (parachute)
Spike Milligan (flamingo)

Writing this makes me laugh all over again .

Enid Mon 04-Jul-05 20:24:00

my fave is Bilnako (volcano)

SuziWoozi Mon 04-Jul-05 20:45:17

my daughter used to say "Groggy Bears" instead of "Gummi Bears" - it was so cute (and very amusing).

lilsmum Mon 04-Jul-05 20:54:08

my dd says kok(i wont do the other spelling) for clock not good when she is shouting it round tesco's, lol

tortoiseshell Mon 04-Jul-05 20:54:21

We had Aminal (aminal), Wivling Room (Living Room),

Posey Mon 04-Jul-05 20:58:44

Hipponotopus is my fave just now. Cuuuute

Hausfrau Mon 04-Jul-05 21:02:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsWednesday Mon 04-Jul-05 21:04:27

They are cute

DS calls a crocodile a snappy-dile.

dianewalker Wed 06-Jul-05 22:31:02

My little one makes me pee! The other day she was in tears because she wanted mitobin- I was like what is that? This went on for a couple of days, I had no idea what she was talking about, got to the point where she was becoming aggressive. Figured it out though, opened the cupboard door to find something to eat, she started screaming MITOBIN, MITOBIN!, it was only her bloody vitamin tablets, I had forgotton to give them too her.

saadia Wed 06-Jul-05 22:37:43

Mine calls Gordon the Garden Gnome "Join in" the Garden Gnome.

Flum Thu 07-Jul-05 22:18:06

Stoppadeeee (strawberry)

only 17months though

Melpomene Fri 08-Jul-05 09:59:04

mingo (flamingo)

she used to say "dabbit" for biscuit, but now she says "skibbit"

once when she asked for something and said "please" I praised her for saying please nicely. Now she always says "please nicely" when she asks for something.

Enid Fri 08-Jul-05 10:08:02

we do mingo too here

and 'please' is accompanied by heart wrenching smile using entire face and eyes. She has a lisp too which makes her even more yummy imo.

lynnej Fri 08-Jul-05 10:12:23

My ds is 3 now and was a late talker, for ages he called his Grandma and Grandad "dang" and "dang".

He can't say "f" so a "fork" comes out as "pork". He still can't say some words but his dd (whose 5) always seems to know what he's saying even when me and dp haven't got a clue!!!!

geogteach Fri 08-Jul-05 10:46:46

My DD seems to be under the impression that 'shoes on ' is all one word so talks about 'shoes on on' and 'shoes on off'!

LeahE Fri 08-Jul-05 11:27:16

My friend's DS likes to play with his Ginger Turtle...

Melpomene Fri 08-Jul-05 18:51:27

lol geogteach. Mine used to do the same thing with her bib, she thought it was called a "bibbon" and would say "bibbon off", or "bibbons" for the plural.

Klara Thu 21-Jul-05 11:42:24

DS had quite a few probs with the letter r.....as a results Grandma is called GLammy, and Grandpa, GLAMpa! My mum loves this and has stated firmly she wants to stay being called glammy forever....dad says it makes him feel a bit like gary glitter - which isn;t so good!

We also get hilarious interpretations of other peoples names. Jaques becomes jacket.....uncle jacket, uncle jacket! Rachel - angel ...auntie angel (she likes that!) etc etc.

Also - my sequinned shoes are "mummy's dancy shoes" - ohhhhh - they are so cute....

Dahlia Thu 21-Jul-05 11:55:36

These are all so sweet! My dd1 used to say (instead of Buzz Lightyear, I come in peace) "I am Bugs Life Year, I come in bees". Used to crack me up. And dandelion clocks were pretty gong-gongies.

sarjon Thu 21-Jul-05 12:32:16

For some reason my sister would say 'phant-ele' instead of 'elephant' - this continued for years even though my mum tried numerous times to correct her!!

Nemo1977 Thu 21-Jul-05 12:38:15

my ds says
humus for thomas
imbus for fimbles
iss cat for biscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now