Talk

Advanced search

Baby Signing - "TinyTalk" or "Sing and Sign"?

(6 Posts)
niccibabe Mon 19-Oct-09 22:14:40

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me dropping in.

I was looking for opinions on which of TinyTalk or Sing and Sign offer a better class for learning to sign.

If you can let me know the positives and negatives of each, that would be great. If there are other baby signing classes that you would recommend, please do say.

Both classes are available locally - but I would only want to go to one class for this.

I have tried TinyTalk just once - it is a pay as you go arrangement. Sing and sign is on a pay per term basis - so it's not something I can try without commitment.

Thanks

moondog Mon 19-Oct-09 22:17:48

I like Sing & Sign very much and I am a SALT with my own (bilingual)baby signing company.

Thinkstoomuch Mon 19-Oct-09 22:38:11

Don't know about TinyTalk. Mine have loved Sing & Sign. Had a particularly good teacher for our second classes. Whether you like the teacher is important so maybe try to have a chat with her?

mumtoallgirls Sat 24-Oct-09 21:52:03

My daughter didn't talk until we went to sing and sign. she learnt to talk and sign at the same time. all three of my children have gone and all have enjoyed. I agree the teacher is important. My eldest also teachers my other children to sign and the songs are part of our lives......

June2009 Mon 26-Oct-09 17:19:15

I have been to tiny talk in palmers green london and the teacher is very enthusiastic, but it's £5.50 per class.
I've not looked into sing and sign, will look it up online for local classes.

teabreakgirl Mon 02-Nov-09 16:31:24

Hi, I have been to tinytalk n the north west and its great. I started with my youngest as soon as he was born and he fell seriously ill 5 months later. Signing really helped us communicate the simplest things like 'milk' as he would close his mouth tight shut after meds as he didnt like them so I would sign milk when it was time for milk and he would open his mouth and drink!!! Im a big fan!!!
It can be pay as you go but I think they give you discount if you block book but that might be down to the individual teachers decision on how to run it? Thats how it was done up here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now