Talk

Advanced search

Any Swiss (Raetoromanic) mums in london or watford?

(4 Posts)
jaabaar Tue 01-Sep-09 21:39:47

Oh now that is like looking for a needle in a HUGE haystack! Since we are only a few thousand who speak the language in Switzeralnd! Would be so happy to find someone speaking my mother tongue!

I am pregnant and want to teach my child raetoromanic at the same time as english. I have absolutely no idea how to go about it? ANy ideas...

Engraziel fetg!

jaabaar Thu 03-Sep-09 21:23:39

Anyone out there?

MmeLindt Thu 03-Sep-09 21:29:58

Ooh, how interesting, is that the 4th language after German, French and Italian. I must confess that I did not even know the name of the language and I live in Switzerland blush

I brought my DC up in Germany speaking English with very little input from other English speakers.

Is there any way of getting books or CDs in raetoromanic?

CoffeeCrazedMama Tue 15-Sep-09 12:25:12

jaabaar - are you registered with the Embassy here and receive the Swiss Review (for the Swiss abroad)? Their website here has contacts for different groups here. You could try the Swiss Church in central London - I believe they have a playgroup/mothers group and there may be some Romansch speakers there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now