Talk

Advanced search

Any idea what my child is talking about?!

(8 Posts)
minitrip Mon 17-Aug-09 15:03:01

My child is 3 years old and attends nursery. Whenever he sees a heart shape, rather than calling it a heart he calls it a 'Lalou' or something that sounds very much like that. I would be fascinated to find out what he means... he goes to nursery in London and there are members of staff from lots of ethnic backgrounds, so I thought maybe it is the word for 'heart' in another language? Or maybe he is referring to the name of a game, or something he is playing with in nursery. I asked his keyworker and she didn't know. It's something that has been niggling at me for ages! Any ideas?

lockets Mon 17-Aug-09 15:14:23

Message withdrawn

minitrip Mon 17-Aug-09 15:16:30

Really?! How lovely. In what language?

lockets Mon 17-Aug-09 15:19:15

Message withdrawn

minitrip Mon 17-Aug-09 15:19:26

Sorry, I thought you said 'He is saying "Love you or I love you?'!

No, he's not saying that, because he speaks very clearly now, and when he does say, 'I love you' he says it clearly and it doesn't sound anything like 'lalou'...

colditz Mon 17-Aug-09 15:22:18

Maybe one of the other cvhildren says "Lalou" for love you. Children copy each other as well as adults, especially clear-speaking parroty types like my ds2.

lockets Mon 17-Aug-09 15:30:45

Message withdrawn

minitrip Mon 17-Aug-09 15:33:32

That is very possible! I did ask his keyworker and she didn't know. He also came home from nursery last week with eight very pretty wooden hearts in his bag, which he had pilfered. We made him return them today and say sorry to his teacher. When I asked him why he had taken them he said 'Maybe I could give them to the girls'. I think he's a bit of a romantic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now