Talk

Advanced search

Funny thing your children have translated and you did not get until they explained it to you!

(11 Posts)
Gorionine Fri 05-Jun-09 18:06:23

I speak French, my DH speaks French & Arabic. Living in UK we have added English to our repertoire. The dcs speak a little bit of french , are learning arabic but they mainly are english speaking.

The other day DD(10yo) came and ask me if I thought grandma still had the DVD of "Pierre Casserole" After about 5 minutes trying to think about what she might be refering to, I had to ask.

Try to guess what DVD she was talking about.

CandleQueen Fri 05-Jun-09 18:07:35

Peter Rabbit?

pooter Fri 05-Jun-09 18:08:46

peter pan!! ha!

Gorionine Fri 05-Jun-09 18:09:07

One part of it is right but not the other, try again.

Gorionine Fri 05-Jun-09 18:09:50

Yes Pooter!!

I thought that was a jolly good translation!grin

pooter Fri 05-Jun-09 18:12:06

yes - it makes perfect sense to me! smile

Noonki Fri 05-Jun-09 18:25:09

that's fab!

my friend little boys speaks french/english and lives down south.

When he was two he had a total paddy because when I came down to visit I warned him to look out for the glass on the floor.

he then spent ten minutes wailing that he wanted an icecream grin

Gorionine Sat 06-Jun-09 09:55:13

ROFL Noonky!

Bucharest Sat 06-Jun-09 09:59:05

Dd yesterday (Italian/English) proudly told Daddy she'd eaten the apricots "with their backs" (Italian schiena= back) She was talking about the skins. grin

BriocheDoree Sun 07-Jun-09 20:37:58

A bit TMI perhaps, but...

Hmm, my not quite two-year-old French/English-speaking DS currently confuses "cake" and "caca" (poo!) which my 5-year-old finds hilarious (I mean, he comes to tell me he has cake in his nappy!)

Gorionine Mon 08-Jun-09 09:43:10

It would make my DSs ROFL as well Brioche!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now