Talk

Advanced search

Anyone Swedish?

(7 Posts)
branflake81 Wed 15-Oct-08 18:14:57

This might be a long shot but here goes: as a child I really loved the Bullerby children books by Astrid Lindgren. I've been learning Swedish for a while and thought I might have a stab at reading them in Swedish. Does anyone have any idea where I could get them from? Thanks!

TheBlonde Wed 15-Oct-08 18:37:50

There are a couple of foreign language bookshops in central london but it's a bit hit and miss with the kids books

ManIFeelLikeAWoman Thu 16-Oct-08 21:26:02

The one to try would be Grant and Cutler on great Marlborough Street, or maybe Foyles on Charing Cross Road.

Or Swedish Amazon ...

Sassyfrassy Thu 16-Oct-08 22:30:23

You can order books from Bokus.com I had a look and it looks like they'll deliver to England. Hope you get hold of them. My favourite is the christmas one, think I'll have to get someone back in Sweden to get it for my children for christmas =)

cory Fri 17-Oct-08 11:34:12

Even better are the Emil books by the same author. You can also get DVDs these days. The EMil dvds are rather nice. I'd try Swedish Amazon.

galwaygirl Mon 27-Oct-08 17:52:37

We've ordered from bokus (to Scotland) - they have all the Astrid Lindgren books and everything worked out fine.

HTH

branflake81 Tue 28-Oct-08 16:24:03

I ordered it from Grant and Cutler and it came today - thanks all!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: