Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone done an OU language course?

(3 Posts)
Weegiemum Tue 02-Sep-08 19:11:53

Thinking of registering for Spanish, for a variety of reasons, for this coming Semester. have looked at online materials and think I am probably intermediate.

has anyone done this before? Are the courses good? I tried asking in Students but noone answered, so I thought I;d try over here.

SubRosa Tue 02-Sep-08 20:36:31

Does it have to be OU? The reason I'm asking is because I find it much easier to learn in a classroom setting. Some unis do language classes in the evening, this may be an option if you're unable to study during the day. I started (ab initio) Spanish at my uni - it's fast-paced, but the teaching is excellent.

I don't know your circumstances, so the info. I've given may be useless, but I didn't want to leave your thread unanswered.

Weegiemum Wed 03-Sep-08 18:29:15

I have tried to find a local course that suits both (a) my other course (b) my kids school hours and (c) my dh's shifts. They just don't exist.

I do have several spanish speaking friends who are prepared to do regualar (weekly) "Spanish Coffee Morning" so that should help.

The OU does do weekly phone tutorials.

Hasta la vista!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now