Advanced search

Comment dit 'training pants' en francais?

(7 Posts)
MrsThierryHenry Sun 03-Aug-08 16:42:27

I wasn't sure where else to post! Am off to France this week and am trying to plan as much in advance. I'd like to start using training pants with my DS but want to see whether I can get them in France rather than packing everything before we leave.

Do people in France use training pants, or is there an alternative equivalent product? If so, and you can tell me what it's called, I'll have a look on a French supermarket website.

Merci en avance!

LIZS Sun 03-Aug-08 17:02:15

As in Pampers and Huggies ? The packet was the same last time we bought there and all the main supermarkets - Carreflour, Auchan etc - and baby/toy places stock them.

Marina Sun 03-Aug-08 17:16:19

Culotte d'apprentissage I think

You will find them in all supermarches, as LIZS says

castille Sun 03-Aug-08 20:57:58

Yes, culottes d'apprentissage

There are lots of brands - the usual Pampers and Huggies and cheaper own brands.

Othersideofthechannel Thu 14-Aug-08 05:47:31

I've never heard of training pants or 'culottes d'apprentissage'. Is it another term for pull-ups?

CoteDAzur Thu 14-Aug-08 07:16:46

They are pull-ups that don't absorb as well as regular nappies so kids feel the wetness. Also, in some, patterns appear on nappy when it is wet so you can see if child has weed.

cupsoftea Tue 02-Sep-08 13:51:51

Just look in the nappy aisle at the supermarket - pampers or huggies brand - also shop own brand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now