Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Foreign Mum ? Do you live in North London ?

(7 Posts)
karaj Sun 06-Feb-05 08:16:37

If you are a foreign mum, either new to the UK or London or, like me, new to North London (Finchley), and would like to meet other Mums and babies, then please get in touch.

My baby boy is 7 and 1/2 months old. Although I am new to North London, I have lived in the UK and Austria for over 26 years. I speak English like a native and relatively good German (or I used to along time ago !).

MrsBigD Sun 06-Feb-05 08:31:29

hi karaj,
not in North London I'm afraid, 'only' West London'. Also been here for donkies but native German speaker

karaj Thu 10-Feb-05 09:33:14

Hi MrsBigD - thanks for your message. You are the only one who has replied so far. I was hoping to meet lots and lots of mums on this website (I have posted meet-ups several times), but it just hasn't happened !
I think I will have to give up now and go and search elsewhere ! Any suggestions ?

Simi Tue 15-Feb-05 13:57:11

Hello you two,

I am German and live in North London (Islington), have also lived in London for a while. Only just spotted your message, hope you have not given up checking this site karaj. My ds is just 10 months old now, maybe we can meet up some time. Why don't you CAT me and we can arrange something.
Also, a friend of mine went to the "German Stammtisch" which takes place every 3rd Wednesday somewhere of Regent Street and seems to be very popular, has anyone been there before? Maybe that could be a good way of meeting MrsBigD too, as it is quite a hike to come to North London with a baby, isn't it?

Caribbeanqueen Tue 15-Feb-05 13:58:54

karaj, I often see threads about North London meet-ups I think. They may not be foreign mums but I'm sure they would be willing to meet. Try having a look for some N London meet up threads.

jantogan Wed 25-May-05 14:11:35

hi everybody,i would like to met new other Mums and chat about pregnancy.
i am 28 weeks pregnant and my firts pregnancy.

ricecake Sun 12-Jun-05 10:34:14

jantogan - hi ! where do you live ? I live in Finchley, North London.

I am not a new mum anymore, I have a son now 11.5 months old. We are celebrating his 1st birthday soon !

But it feels like he was born yesterday, that's how fast it has all gone by It has also been the best year of my life, despite the many, many sleepless night !!

But I am more than happy to talk to you about my experience of pregnancy and what to expect with your first baby, etc !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now