Talk

Advanced search

british mum, spanish dad

(6 Posts)
gizzy2008 Fri 20-Oct-17 16:41:05

Hi
I hope someone can help me on this. I have a son who has a spanish father. We split up before my son was born and I returned to England and my son was born here. His dad is named on his UK birth certificate (we had to go to the british embassy in spain to do this)
He has always stayed close to his dad. Apparently I have been told that even though he is named on his birth certificate, he isn't legally recognised as his dads son under spanish law and his Nan in Spain said I need to have his birth certificate translated into Spanish.
Is this correct does anyone know?

TropicPlunder Fri 20-Oct-17 17:55:28

My partner is Spanish and our daughter was born in the UK. He went to the Spanish embassy with all our birth certificates and got something called the libro de familia. As far as I know, that's the legal document in Spain which states the patents of a child....

TropicPlunder Fri 20-Oct-17 17:55:28

My partner is Spanish and our daughter was born in the UK. He went to the Spanish embassy with all our birth certificates and got something called the libro de familia. As far as I know, that's the legal document in Spain which states the patents of a child....

TropicPlunder Fri 20-Oct-17 17:55:29

TropicPlunder Fri 20-Oct-17 17:56:25

And we didn't need to translate any documents

gizzy2008 Fri 20-Oct-17 18:15:51

Thankyou so much for your help. I will message his dad in Spain to do it over there for him. He's got copies of our birth certificates and passports etc

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: