Talk

Advanced search

Arabic Immersion for Babies and Toddlers - Arabic Playgroup?

(19 Posts)
Nehalsd Wed 12-Jul-17 14:22:21

Hello

I saw an old post and it was exactly the type of group I wanted to join.. Anyone interesting in joining an Arabic playgroup? We can start by just speaking in Arabic around the babies, and from there we can start including songs and games..

Surely there are parents out there that want their toddlers and/or pre-schoolers to get regular, immersion-style exposure to Arabic in a non-religious setting?

I have a 5 month old baby and I am quite worried he will not speak my language growing up in London.

I would be very interested in getting together with other parents for a regular Arabic-only playgroup, somewhere central where everyone can easily access. All kids under five welcome.

Im Sudanese and grew up in Egypt and also lived in Dubai..so quite accustomed to a variety of Arabic accents.

Do let me know if this is something you would be interested in.

Nehal

Sarahib16 Mon 17-Jul-17 22:29:25

Ahlan wa sahlan Nehal

I'd love to meet up so my toddler can be around Arabic speakers like yourself. My husband doesn't speak Arabic so it's only at my mums when there is some exposure although not a lot.

I'm Somali myself and speak mainly Gulf accents with some Shami as well at times. I can also do Egyptian.

Somewhere central sounds good - my daughter is 17 months old and I'm due in Oct as well in sha Allah.

Sarah

jai123 Thu 07-Sep-17 12:26:27

Hi Nehal,
I'd be very interested in doing an Arabic Speaking playgroup. Have you managed to do one or find one? Do you live in London? If so lets meet up and chat about this. I'm also Sudanese and keen for my 23 month old boy to learn Arabic.

Nehalsd Thu 07-Sep-17 15:56:39

Sounda good! Im not sure how we can go about this. Anyway i can send my email privately?

jai123 Thu 07-Sep-17 16:42:40

Hi Nehalsd,
I just pmd you my email. I think its private. At least I hope so😃

jai123 Thu 07-Sep-17 16:44:31

Hi Sarah,
Just read your message and was wondering if you had found an Arabic playgroup?

Sarahib Thu 07-Sep-17 18:08:14

Hello ladies

I haven't found a group yet and would be up for organising something together definitely.

Nehal please PM me your email too so we can arrange something hopefully.

jai123 Thu 07-Sep-17 18:43:04

Hi Sarahib,
I'm going to pm you my email. So that we can exchange notes too😃 please email me back. Tx

Reema2017 Tue 31-Oct-17 11:27:52

Hi,
I have a baby and I would like to meet Arabic people in London , so I would like to join this group . (:

jai123 Tue 31-Oct-17 15:05:17

Welcome Reem. I still didn't find a playgroup. Maybe we can create our own. What do the other moms in this thread think?

Reema2017 Fri 03-Nov-17 22:34:59

Thanks my dear . Actually it is a good idea. We can exchange email if you like .

Nehalsd Mon 13-Nov-17 11:29:21

Def still interested in doing this! Ill be back from Sudan in feb. Lets organise a play group for the weekend unless you ladies are free and available?

jai123 Sun 11-Mar-18 23:32:29

Hi Nehalsd,
Just saw your message. Hope you had a good trip. I'm still interested in doing a playgroup. Do you happen to know any Arabic nursery songs? I think it would be good to share some so we can practise with our children. When are you free to meet up? Maybe we could meet up in the Sudanese school or a cafe to start with? If anyone else from this post has ideas please share

AbiBrown Tue 13-Mar-18 10:27:19

Hello ladies, I'm Syrian /Lebanese married to an English man and am expecting my first child next month. I am planning on speaking to them in Arabic and would love to join a group. I'm definitely up for putting one together. Where are you all based. I'm SE London....

jai123 Tue 13-Mar-18 11:28:38

Hi AbiBrown,
Congratulations and a good delivery inshallah. I'm based in Barnet - north London. No Arabic speaking playgroups here. But I'm going to try and research this further and see what options are available. I'd really like to find out more about Arabic nursery rhymes. My two year old son loves singing. Youtube doesn't seem to have any fun songs. Does anyone know any?

AbiBrown Tue 13-Mar-18 12:06:47

Shukran smile Is there a good way to share information amongst us? Like a google docs or Facebook group? With tips for Youtube videos, groups, events etc... And we can also discuss the possibility of meet ups maybe halfway or in an area that suits everyone (or a rotating meet up...). What do you think?

jai123 Thu 15-Mar-18 14:21:17

Hi AbiBrown and everyone,
Great ideas AbiBrown. I've created a facebook group for us to share information and meet up inshallah. Its called Arabic Speaking Playgroup. The name is working progress. So any other suggestions would be great. I've added some of my friends from Sudan and other countries. So hopefully we might be able to exchange some ideas.

AbiBrown Thu 15-Mar-18 14:39:25

Nice one ! Just joined ;)

jai123 Thu 15-Mar-18 20:52:20

Thought it might be youwink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: