Talk

Advanced search

German videos for toddler

(5 Posts)
didyousaysomething Sat 04-Mar-17 07:39:01

We are bringing up our children in both German and English - I'm German, my partner is British. My eldest is now 2 and 4 months and slightly obsessed with bus/truck/fire engine videos on youtube (when we let him...smile), think Little Baby Bum basically. I was thinking this could be a good way of bringing more German into his life as majority English is taking over somewhat now he's at nursery. Can anyone recommend anything suitable for his age containing wheeled vehicles of any kind?? There are German equivalent videos on YouTube but it would good to have something else in his repertoire apart from Die Räder am Bus! (Even if just for my sanity!!) Thanks smile

RedBugMug Sat 04-Mar-17 07:41:19

a vpn app and then zdf tivi? they have shows in german for children of all ages (including loewenzahn)

doradoo Sat 04-Mar-17 07:45:15

Bob der Baumeister?

Kika.de is one of the main kinder tv channels which you can watch online.

We're in DE and there's Disney channel in German as well as nick jnr so if you searched those you could prob get the same shows he knows from the U.K. In German

penguincrumble Sat 04-Mar-17 07:59:42

Paw patrol? There seem to be a lot of german episodes on YouTube.

This series is amazing https://youtu.be/10BShTQncVs shock

noramum Sat 11-Mar-17 09:51:50

DD never liked anything in German she knew in English and she was obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine but not in German.

We went for German in the opposite direction and got "vintage TV" like Augsburger Puppenkiste for her, that worked a lot better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now