Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Car/train/plane - how do you go home/on hols?

(6 Posts)
ValW5 Fri 23-Feb-07 13:42:18

I'm planning a visit in France and intend to drive, DP is completely against the idea on the basis that it's a mad idea to drive up to a 1000 miles in a week with a 14 m.o. My problem is where I want to go is inaccessible directly from London and I’d much rather be in my car than on 2 long train journeys. Also, when I’m back in France I tend to stock up in the big hypermarchés! What’s your experience on the subject?

Muminfife Sat 24-Feb-07 10:40:32

Message withdrawn

Muminfife Sat 24-Feb-07 22:10:50

Message withdrawn

Bozza Sat 24-Feb-07 22:16:32

Well my DS at that age would have been travel sick looking at books. That is something to bear in mind. It was long enough back from Cornwall to Yorkshire in a stinky car....

You could time your journeys to cover DS's sleep times though.

ValW5 Mon 26-Feb-07 14:00:27

Thanks for your messages, will put DP at the back anyway, he always stresses with cars coming the 'wrong' way!!

frenchleave Tue 27-Feb-07 13:35:30

We're coming to the UK in April and this time we're flying. DD2 gets car- and seasick so although we'd rather have the car (for our UK stock-up!) flying makes the journey much shorter and, in theory at least, less stressful. We used to drive (& ferry) when we had just one baby, but found that keeping a toddler cooped in a car for hours on end is no fun unless you can take it v slowly and only drive at naptimes.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now