Talk

Advanced search

does anyone elses 3 yr old talk a load of old shite most of the time?

(11 Posts)
brimfull Wed 24-May-06 20:09:07

DS will be 4 in sept (can't be arsed to count the months).
His speech is good when it comes to pronunciation.
My concern is the speech content.He rambles and makes statements that mean nothing to anybody.

He doesn't understand that people can't read his mind,and don't realise he's talking about some character in thunderbirds.I'm constantly trying to decipher what he's on about and explaining to people what he's said.
Is this normal for his age ? My dd was a completely different kettle of fish,and never had this.Is it a boy thing?

Piffle Wed 24-May-06 20:10:57

Yes it is a boy thing
My ds could talk for England
About shite, bus timetables, lego plans, nothing normal though....

brimfull Wed 24-May-06 20:12:10

but did you and others know what he was on about ?

Pruni Wed 24-May-06 20:14:15

Message withdrawn

tamum Wed 24-May-06 20:14:58

This is one of my favourite thread titles ever.

Piffle Wed 24-May-06 20:15:58

not usually - you could ask him questions and stuff, but if he was just wandering along and we'd talk and it would tangent off into dark sides and star fighters and cloaks and hypothesising about methods of battle.
Very amusing but I thought he was borderline OCD at one point

brimfull Wed 24-May-06 20:17:58

why thank you tamun!

Pruni,non-sequiturs......que???

Pruni Wed 24-May-06 20:20:59

Message withdrawn

brimfull Wed 24-May-06 20:21:45

I do wonder about him sometimes.Frankly it's fu**ing exhausting.The constant questions drive me mad,they don't even make sense ffs.
Completely lost it in the car this am and shouted "fgs it's like talking with some demented person!"..
probably not a good mummy thing to say

skerriesmum Wed 24-May-06 20:30:55

My ds is the same, also 3. People think it's really funny but are constantly apologizing that they don't understand what he's on about.

brimfull Wed 24-May-06 20:42:22

thank god he's not the only one then.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: