Talk

Advanced search

Anyone with child at l'Ile aux Enfants Gospel Oak?

(8 Posts)
choucroutegarnie Thu 06-Apr-06 19:49:46

Hello/bonjour. We are considering l'Ile aux Enfants in Gospel Oak for our little boy (I'm Belgian, Dad is English). Anyone out there with recent experience of that school? We know kids who are now grown up who loved it but it was a long time ago. Also wonder how happy your kid(s) was/were being brought up in French in London. Any advice appreciated! Thanks

CHICagoMUM Thu 06-Apr-06 19:52:55

By Doddle on Thursday, 7 April, 2005 6:15:18 PM

My French neighbour sent her boys to Ecole L'Ile aux Enfants, in Gospel Oak, she was very happy with it but has since moved back to France, I don't know of any others.

From a thread started aexactly a year ago (how spooky).

CHICagoMUM Thu 06-Apr-06 19:53:58

By Doddle on Thursday, 7 April, 2005 6:15:18 PM

My French neighbour sent her boys to Ecole L'Ile aux Enfants, in Gospel Oak, she was very happy with it but has since moved back to France, I don't know of any others.

From a thread started aexactly a year ago (how spooky).

CHICagoMUM Thu 06-Apr-06 19:54:21

\linkhttp://www.mumsnet.com/Talk?topicid=43&threadid=23631#582548\look at this thread} .

CHICagoMUM Thu 06-Apr-06 19:55:22

and here .

CHICagoMUM Thu 06-Apr-06 19:55:52

look at this thread .

choucroutegarnie Mon 10-Apr-06 12:30:47

Thank you, and sorry for taking so long to get back!
Anyone else with knowledge of this most welcome to post. I'll post whatever interesting stuff I find out on this subject, for future visitors.

choucroutegarnie Tue 16-May-06 23:15:49

Visited l'Ile aux Enfants last week and found it very, very nice. Small scale, so very unthreatening to young children, a really warm atmosphere and - from what I could gather from bits of conversation with 4-year-olds - very happy children. The leadership of the school has changed, seemingly for the better. Main drawbacks are the absence of a playground (they have to use the local one down the road) and, most importantly, the fact that it is not a 'local' school, which means that children are ferried to it from all over central and north London and therefore social life after school means a lot of driving around.... Still, a very good impression all around.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: