Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for language teaching resources for preschoolers?

(5 Posts)
flootshoot Tue 12-Jul-11 15:11:06

I'd like to start learning a language with 2.5 yo DS- I'm leaning towards Spanish or French as there are some local classes but open to other suggestions. We'd be learning alongside each other so I need some good materials that will help me help him- any suggestions for good packages? Thanks

chocolatecrispies Tue 12-Jul-11 22:40:26

I'd get some DVDs in your target language and start watching them together! I find children's tv far more watchable when I'm learning something too, plus for some reason the French versions of things like Dora have singers who sing in tune, unlike the American versions. Apart from that I haven't found any courses aimed at the under-3s (and I have looked). Nursery rhymes are another good place to start though- you can get books with CDs of nursery rhymes in French from amazon, and you can learn the words from the book and teach them to your child.

chocolatecrispies Tue 12-Jul-11 22:42:16

Sorry to post again but wanted to say there are far more resources available in french in the UK than in spanish, which might be worth considering when making your decision.

wompoopigeon Wed 13-Jul-11 21:48:52

The baby boom boom CDs are fun. Google them.

flootshoot Fri 15-Jul-11 13:36:13

Thanks both, will look into those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now