Talk

Advanced search

Children's books in Arabic

(6 Posts)
backjustforaminute Mon 30-May-11 20:32:04

Any ideas for non religious children's books in Arabic? I have found The Gruffalo and The selfish crocodile on Amazon, does anyone have any other ideas (pref books that can be bought online)

Thank you!

MIFLAW Wed 01-Jun-11 18:38:26

There's a whole series of bilingual books (English + other language) available and I think Arabic is one of them - is it Mantralingua? The series are available, for example, in many public libraries.

Many of them are horribly worthy but there are some diefinite hits there too, e.g. Dear Zoo.

Worth a look while waiting for better ideas, at least.

MIFLAW Wed 01-Jun-11 18:40:21

http://www.mantralingua.com/mantrastockchecker.html

MIFLAW Wed 01-Jun-11 18:42:12

An alternative would be to find a book shop in a target country that you know and trust and order direct from them - I did this with a Canadian bookshop before Charlie and Lola were available in European French, for example. Do you know any good (secular) bookshops in an Arabic-speaking country?

FarrahBell Fri 03-Jun-11 18:35:42

www.Syraj.com!! Syraj is an amazing source for non religious books! Everything thing they sell is to each kids to love learning and reading Arabic and to use their imaginations! They have good shipping prices worldwide.

Firawla Fri 03-Jun-11 18:37:08

are you from the uk because you can get bookstart packs in arabic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now