Talk

Advanced search

child trust fund voucher

(7 Posts)
nigelslaterfan Wed 07-Oct-09 12:04:18

I still haven't got round to investing the above for dd who is one now, it doesn't expire does it?
blush
help!

wheresmypaddle Wed 07-Oct-09 12:28:12

I am ashamed to admit I haven't either and DS is 2.5.

I never actually had the voucher - had emergency c-section due to brain hemorrhagee (mine- all fine now) and had several days of morphine so was out of it- DP took Bounty pack (with voucher in I think) and just threw it all away. By the time I realised that was where the voucher would have been I just assumed without it I couldn't invest it which it terrible as money is tight and that should have been for him in the future.

Dreading explaining this one away when it comes to the time it should have matured.

Lexilicious Wed 07-Oct-09 12:31:37

The Bounty pack doesn't have the voucher in it, it has the leaflet/form to claim Child Benefit.

When you claim CB, it triggers the CTF which comes in a separate letter, it has your child's name on it and a unique reference number.

If you don't actively invest the CTF in your child's first year, the government does it for you in whatever their default plan is (possibly the Children's Mutual). I'm pretty sure you would be able to track down your child's CTF by calling the Inland Revenue with your Child Benefit reference number.

hope that helps

wheresmypaddle Wed 07-Oct-09 12:33:09

Oh brilliant- sounds like all is not lost I will get onto it. Thank you very much!!!

littlemisslozza Wed 07-Oct-09 12:36:22

You get the voucher through the post once you've registered for child benefit - it's not in the bounty pack. If you haven't invested it by their first birthday, the government do it for you. I've got DS2's voucher in front of me as it arrived last week. Telephone number is 0845 302 1470 and website is www.childtrustfund.gov.uk Hope that helps!

littlemisslozza Wed 07-Oct-09 12:36:50

cross posted!

nigelslaterfan Wed 07-Oct-09 16:20:03

thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now