Talk

Advanced search

Car - what would you do please help?!

(5 Posts)
GeordieGirl233 Fri 18-May-18 17:53:24

So I've had a car on lease and the 3 year contract is up in July. Now I have to either buy the car for a balloon payment or give it back. I really wanted to keep it but they've quoted me £5k! It's a lovely little car but it's very small and I think the quote is very high. The mileage is low (20k) and I know the history as I'm the only owner... but then I could probably save a grand and buy a cheaper car... though I won't know the history and obviously I could end up chucking even more money at it if it turns out to be a pile of shit. What do I do for the best?! Would you pay £5k for a small 3 year old car?

MessySurfaces Fri 18-May-18 22:19:54

Have you tried to negotiate? Surely you buying it is the ideal thing for them! Well, you signing up for another lease would be even better for them, I suppose...

Kursk Fri 18-May-18 22:23:19

I would go online and do a blue book valuation and see if they will negotiate

FatBarry Wed 13-Jun-18 19:14:43

It spends what car it is. I would look on autotrader for cars like yours of the same age and similar mileage and see what they are going for.

showerfire Wed 13-Jun-18 19:33:26

What make and model is it?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: