Talk

Advanced search

Car - what would you do please help?!

(6 Posts)
GeordieGirl233 Fri 18-May-18 17:53:24

So I've had a car on lease and the 3 year contract is up in July. Now I have to either buy the car for a balloon payment or give it back. I really wanted to keep it but they've quoted me £5k! It's a lovely little car but it's very small and I think the quote is very high. The mileage is low (20k) and I know the history as I'm the only owner... but then I could probably save a grand and buy a cheaper car... though I won't know the history and obviously I could end up chucking even more money at it if it turns out to be a pile of shit. What do I do for the best?! Would you pay £5k for a small 3 year old car?

MessySurfaces Fri 18-May-18 22:19:54

Have you tried to negotiate? Surely you buying it is the ideal thing for them! Well, you signing up for another lease would be even better for them, I suppose...

Kursk Fri 18-May-18 22:23:19

I would go online and do a blue book valuation and see if they will negotiate

FatBarry Wed 13-Jun-18 19:14:43

It spends what car it is. I would look on autotrader for cars like yours of the same age and similar mileage and see what they are going for.

showerfire Wed 13-Jun-18 19:33:26

What make and model is it?

JakeBallardswife Fri 20-Jul-18 11:19:39

Or trade it in and do the same thing again? They'll offer you a really good deal with that sort of mileage as cheaper on your next car. Could you go up a model?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: