Talk

Advanced search

ISAs, Does anyone use an equity isa?

(8 Posts)
smilesandsun Fri 24-Nov-17 09:19:09

Hi Just wondering if you do or don't and your experience of it.

smilesandsun Sat 25-Nov-17 17:14:57

no one?

SvartePetter Sat 25-Nov-17 17:18:44

Yes. Mainly to invest in ETFs. What do you want to know?

Aridane Sat 25-Nov-17 17:19:53

Yes - I use L&G - I get an index tracker rather than a managed fund. Low fees and not reliant on skilled of fund manager. Good growth too, much better than cash ISA

Aridane Sat 25-Nov-17 17:20:10

Plus easy to do online

smilesandsun Sat 25-Nov-17 17:22:27

ok thanks.

The fees seem pretty steep on the ones Ive seen and if the index has a rubbish year (assuming a tracker fund) the fees may eat into any growth.

Any recomendations of ones with good fees? Especially if you want to select stocks/ or index

SvartePetter Sun 26-Nov-17 17:25:40

To select a broker check the comparison on monevator. They also have a list of the best index passive funds. I mostly do vanguard, highest rate I have is 0,22% but also have some very low cost HSBC tracker funds at 0.06%.

I use Alliance Trust because they don't do % fees only fixed fees.

swimster01 Thu 30-Nov-17 21:26:45

I use stocks and shares ISA via Bestinvest. I use a combination of tracker and managed funds on the basis that managed funds can be actively managed in a downturn and I also drip feed contributions to smooth out price drops/increases. I like their platform - it is easy to use and there is lots of advice but it is probably personal preference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now