Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What's a good charity regarding child poverty?

(6 Posts)
Madonna9 Fri 06-Oct-17 15:34:09

Hey mums,

I'm going over my charity spending and am looking for a different charity to support. Having a child myself I'd like to support children who are less fortunate/living in poverty.

To which charities do you donate? Or have you heard of any good charities I might take into consideration?

Thanks!

Mattresstestermax Fri 06-Oct-17 15:34:40

Uk or abroad?

BastardTart Fri 06-Oct-17 15:38:10

It depends on what your looking for? Do you want international ones (like supporting children to go to school in Nepal, or mosquito nets for infants in Africa, et ) or would you prefer something local to you (e.g. Providing lunches to low income families during school holidays)

Madonna9 Fri 06-Oct-17 15:45:44

I'm thinking UK.

squeaver Fri 06-Oct-17 15:50:07

I would seriously consider something very local to you. Smaller charities make their money work much harder and they have to fight hard for funding. Their overheads are lower so more of your donation will go to frontline services.

Charity Choice is quite a useful website.

Mattresstestermax Fri 06-Oct-17 15:52:02

I was going to suggest save the children or action aid, but they are active overseas. I’m not familiar with uk charities other than the very big (NSPCC etc) or the very local.

I used to work with YWCA but they focus on women not children!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now