Talk

Advanced search

pension share order - what shall I do with my share?

(4 Posts)
PrizeyPrize Thu 11-Feb-16 09:34:41

Its with Standard Life, just over £30k, and I want to start putting in a small amount each month once its set up.

I've research slightly and am undecided between SL's

Cautious Managed Profile

or

25% each in
UK Equity High Income,
UK Smaller Companies,
UK Ethical,
Multi Asset Managed,

Only because from the little research I carried out it showed these to be performing well.

Can anyone give me some guidance, feeling totally lost with it, and can't afford an IFA at the moment.

Hereward1332 Wed 17-Feb-16 12:22:24

Depends how much risk you want to take really. Cautious managed sounds like it will be invested more in government bonds - lower yield but should be more secure in case of a downturn. Your other suggestions looks quite equity heavy - not necessarily a bad thing, but may be more prone to peaks and troughs.

If you don't have many other assets and are relying on the pension go for the lower risk option.

PrizeyPrize Fri 19-Feb-16 15:16:16

Thanks Hereward thats really helpful.
I went with Cautious Managed 50% and UK Equity 10% (passive) UK Ethical 30%, and Euro Equity 10% (active)

Hereward1332 Fri 19-Feb-16 15:52:58

That sounds like a sensible mix. A secure if less exciting base with some potential for better-than-inflation growth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now