Advanced search

Transfering a buy to let from my husband to me

(5 Posts)
lels99 Wed 08-Jul-15 20:14:37

Good evening

Husband is a higher rate tax payer, I'm currently a stay at home mum. Is there any way he can transfer the property to me without major tax implications?


googlenut Thu 09-Jul-15 04:40:19

Yes see a financial advisor. Fairly straightforward to do and small charge (less than £200) to change the name in the deeds to yours.

ClarasZoo Sat 11-Jul-15 11:34:27

Yes - you just need a Declaration of Trust - solicitor can do for under £200. Then you need to send this to the Revenue with a special form - Form 19 or 17 or something. worth doing - although depending on what the gross rent is - you may find you are pushed into higher rate band....

lels99 Sat 11-Jul-15 19:13:02

thanks, new there was a way, just couldn't remember what it was!

Needmoresleep Tue 21-Jul-15 09:35:37

We tried to do this on both the advice of both our accountant and our solicitor, but HMRC have rejected it. They are saying we need to formally transfer ownership.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now