Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have experience of Foresters Stakeholder ISA?

(5 Posts)
Pirsy1 Sat 06-Jun-15 14:02:00

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any experience good or bad with this investment? My DH is thinking of investing 10k ... neither of us has any experience with investments etc and I feel slightly nervous about it because of this and also because I feel that he has been given the 'hard sell' to some extent - constant phone calls from the person from Foresters etc. Thanks so much!

Sunseed Sun 07-Jun-15 16:50:42

No direct experience of them but I am a financial adviser. I would be mainly wary about the charges they will take from your investment as that will have a dramatic impact on growth/returns. You should have received an illustration detailing these. How do they compare to charges made by other investment firms? Have they taken your (lack of) experience and attitude to risk/capacity for loss into account when recommending a specific fund? Sounds like the salesperson is more interested in his sales figures than your needs and objectives, which is not treating you fairly. You have plenty of other options and should not be afraid to walk away if you are uncertain.

Pirsy1 Sun 07-Jun-15 18:23:16

Hi Sunseed, thanks for your very helpful reply. I think we are probably going to leave it and do a bit more research / shopping around! Just have a bad feeling about it.

specialsubject Mon 08-Jun-15 19:54:08

no reputable company would chase you this hard over £10k. Run away.

whooshbangprettycolours Tue 09-Jun-15 17:39:03

They are restricted advisers working only on their products, but for £10k I'm not sure you'd get an IFA interested (harsh but true these days)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now