Advanced search

Advice over ISA before end of tax year

(3 Posts)
mrsmoneybags Fri 07-Mar-14 16:28:40

I want to move some money- £20K- out of a cash ISA into stocks and shares ISA. The ISA is with Nationwide and they say I can transfer all of that into a Share ISA, but what if I want to withdraw it ( it was a fixed term interest rate ISA and has now expired)and put it with another provider for a share ISA- is that allowed?

I found this and think the answer is 'yes'.

mrsmoneybags Fri 07-Mar-14 16:29:01

Chasingsquirrels Fri 07-Mar-14 16:30:27

you can move it to another provider BUT you have to follow the transfer procedure and not just withdraw it.
The provider you want to go with will give you the forms and process the transfer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: