Talk

Advanced search

When will my period return after an ectopic ?

(5 Posts)
Lifesforloving1 Thu 21-May-20 17:07:15

I had an ectopic last month and my right tube removed ... my period has not arrived today ... & the doctor said it probs would ? After how long do periods return ?

ivfgottostaypositive Thu 21-May-20 19:30:17

I've had two ruptured ectopics with both tubes removed - I would usually have a bleed a few days after surgery and then looking at my period trackers I got my period back around 5 weeks later x

Lifesforloving1 Thu 21-May-20 19:43:49

@ivfgottostaypositive
Thankyou ! I’m hoping mine turns up this month ! How long ago did you have your ectopics ? Also I will taking Clomid to try and get pregnant again. I have another 5 months worth . I’m guessing after that they may look into ivf ? xx

ivfgottostaypositive Thu 21-May-20 20:14:32

My first ectopic was on the left in January 2018 and then the second one in my right tube was July 2019

The second one was actually an IVF transfer - I was naive in thinking that IVF reduces the risk of ectopic but it actually increases it.

Lifesforloving1 Thu 21-May-20 20:54:35

@ivfgottostaypositive ivf increases the chance of an ectopic ? I never knew this 😩 have you been successful yet ? x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »