Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding regularly between periods

(5 Posts)
JoannaGray Sun 17-May-20 08:20:25

Good morning :-)

This is my first post here, so please be kind haha. My husband and I have being trying to conceive for just over a year. We have never had a BFP and I am becoming concerned.

I have long cycles. These usually last between 33 - 38 days. I have got positive OPK’s around day 23 (give or take) and have plenty EWCM. I have also had months with no positive OPK’s. I have regular sex around this time to make sure I don’t miss my fertile window. My weight is healthy, I don't drink excessively and I have a healthy diet. I feel like there is nothing else I can do :-(

The one thing that is starting to worry me is my mid cycle bleeding. I regularly bleed during the middle of my cycle. I have always put this down to ovulation bleeding. The blood is usually dark brown or black. Sometimes it’s mixed with CM and sometimes it isn’t. Over the last few months things have taken a strange turn. I have began getting light pink mid cycle bleeding and have also seen some small bits of stringy stuff. This bleeding has lasted about a 10 days. I have also been constipated.

Has anyone else had experiences with long cycles, mid cycle bleeding or constipation?

My husband and I are looking to speak to our GP after Covid 19 has settled down. I had my first fertility journey cry last night and feel totally overwhelmed.

Any responses are massively appreciated.

Jo :-)

Freewanderer Sun 17-May-20 10:47:14

Hello,
You don’t need to wait for covid restrictions to be lifted etc. Mid cycle bleeding needs to be investigated. Please call your GP and speak to them.
Also, it can take over a year for a fertile couple to get pregnant, but again, you can ask your GP for investigations now to have a look into it. How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking?

JoannaGray Sun 17-May-20 12:47:00

Thanks so much for replying. I really appreciate it.

I am 29 years old. I have spent quite a bit of time tracking my cycle and doing everything I can to give us the best chance! But the bleeding between cycles is starting to really worry me... :-(

Freewanderer Sun 17-May-20 15:55:31

The whole ttc thing is really rubbish when it doesn’t go to plan. I know exactly how u feel xx
Please don’t wait though to call the GP. Best to get it checked out, even if it’s nothing.

RobertsMother Tue 19-May-20 22:30:12

Another vote for getting checked out. Make sure they listen to you and check properly. Sometimes they are far too eager to label everything as "normal for women" and that is just wrong.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »