Talk

Advanced search

Trying cyclogest for first time (natural conception)

(3 Posts)
Leethepea Wed 13-May-20 20:33:35

Hi all, been lurking a while.
Has anyone had luck with ttc and cylogest 400mg for suspected luteal phase defect?
I normally get spotting in run up to period and my gynaecologist has prescribed only 1 pessary a day.
I'm convinced I have lack of progesterone but levels show its enough to ovulate. so I'm keen to try but wondering /hoping cyclogest on its own has worked for someone!
I have been ttc for nearly 1 Yr, already have a ds who was conceived very easily.

Cleozeta Wed 13-May-20 21:04:28

Hi, it worked for me last year, my LP was around 9 days (I think age related as I was 42) I started on progesterone and got pregnant after around 4 or 5 months of using it. Brought LP back up to 14 days while on it.
Would definitely recommend for short LP

Chicasimona Mon 25-May-20 21:52:18

Hi, I only tried it for 1 month and although it did not work I think I had an implantation pain at 9dpo. I was very excited because I never felt anything before but AF started 2 days later.
Recently I have spoken to a different consultant and he said Cyclogest is not really for fixing the lueal phase defect. Instead he suggested to have a Hsg injection. Im having my consultation with my Dr in a couple of weeks and will ask for it.

Good luck to you all

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »