Talk

Advanced search

Periods changing

(5 Posts)
Millety26 Mon 11-May-20 08:02:38

Hi this is my first post! I’m 38 and ever since having my Dd 2.5 years ago my periods have been much shorter than before ie 2/3 days and grainy in texture with no ‘jelly clots’ as before. Recently cycle changed from 30 days to 26 and now AF has Come after 17 days! We’ve been TTC so these changes are unsettling as think it might be peri menopause. Has anyone else experienced this? TIA

MummaToSon2018 Mon 11-May-20 12:54:33

Sorry to hear what you’re going through.
I had my Son 2.5 years ago and went from long cycles to shorter. I think sometimes having a baby just resets things maybe? Have you tried OPK’s?

Millety26 Mon 11-May-20 13:57:56

You might be right. I have tried OPKs and they are a bit hit and miss. Sorry if it’s intrusive but we’re your periods the same in consistency after pregnancy?

MummaToSon2018 Mon 11-May-20 14:57:12

I don’t think anything is intrusive in these forums and when we are all so desperate!

No they weren’t. They hurt more and were heavier!

Wesstywoo Mon 11-May-20 15:11:32

@Millety26 have you been to the GP for blood tests? Could be any one of a number of things (thyroid for example) there are a whole range of checks they can do xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »