Talk

Advanced search

Clomid cycle 5

(11 Posts)
HD85 Fri 17-Apr-20 16:46:33

After some hope or reassurance if anyone can offer any.

Just finished our 4th cycle of Clomid which hasn't worked so feeling deflated sad had a HSG which was all clear , had my progesterone levels checked which were 73 and follicle check showed ovulation is happening so consultant happy with the Clomid dose we are on. Husbands tests are all fine as well.

We have 2 more cycles of Clomid left. Did anyone have any joy with Clomid on 5th or 6th cycle ?

DisneyGirl2387 Sun 19-Apr-20 09:19:48

@HD85
My lowest point came when I was on cloud cycle 5 too so I know how you feel. For some reason cycle 5 hit me the hardest and I couldn't stop crying. Sadly it didn't work for me. However my first round of IUI with clomid/injections did and I am now 10 weeks pregnant. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself, your tests results are great and it can take a 'normal couple 6 months + to conceive. Just stay positive and keep going. You will get there! Sending you lots of luck x

DisneyGirl2387 Sun 19-Apr-20 09:21:28

Not sure why the word 'cloud' is in there - apologies!

HD85 Sun 19-Apr-20 09:36:24

Thanks so much @DisneyGirl2387 for your reply. Yes this cycle has definitely hit me the most but suppose it's cause we are near the end of the treatment and deep down I hoped this would work. If you don't mind me asking did the NHS then offer you the IUI after your Clomid ? As a next step before IVF? Just wondered if we entitled to both on theNHS ?

DisneyGirl2387 Sun 19-Apr-20 13:26:23

Yes, we were offered 3 medicated IUI treatments and 1 IVF. If we went for the IVF we would have lost our IUI entitlements. We had to take the IUI first, if that makes sense. Although in other areas you can do them in any order. I finished my last clomid cycle in November and then had the IUI in February. To be honest once my last clomid cycle failed the emotion that hit me was relief. I'd worked myself up so much and I was glad not to have to go through the whole pressure of timed sex every month for it to fail. I didn't expect the IUI to work, I fully expected to go down the IVF route so it was a shock when it did work.

HD85 Sun 19-Apr-20 18:28:12

Yes I definitely feel the same and hate the trying to time it to perfection each month. Thanks for sharing your story. Hope ours will end with a positive too

DisneyGirl2387 Mon 20-Apr-20 09:56:40

Stay positive and try not to put too much pressure on yourself. I know that is easier said than done but make sure you are kind to yourself. Sending you lots of luck x

HD85 Mon 20-Apr-20 13:11:41

Ah thank you that's lovely. Good luck to you too xx

YouBoggleMyMind Mon 20-Apr-20 20:45:14

Lucky cycle 10 for my for my first baby.

Waiting to start clomid again for baby 2 once I can get a follicle scan (fertility clinic is closed due to covid)

HD85 Tue 21-Apr-20 07:44:30

Ah wow @YouBoggleMyMind so nice to hear success stories , will keep my hopes alive. Good luck for you second time around xx

YouBoggleMyMind Tue 21-Apr-20 11:17:00

This was between 2015 - 2017. Lots of trial and error.

I got my new prescription just before this lockdown happened and I honestly don't know when I'll be able to start which is really frustrating 😞 I have PCOS and I don't ovulate on my own.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »