Talk

Advanced search

Covid 19 IVF pause

(5 Posts)
thefishthatcouldwish Sun 12-Apr-20 09:21:44

Hi all.

So back in the start of March my husband and I were asked to go to group meeting and concent signing. I pushed this back as my lovely DF was in intensive care at the time. ( not covid 19 and unfortunately he passed away 18 days later) .

We has consent signing and group session booked for start of april with the treatment booked for start of may.
Now the clinic have been in touch and have re assured us that the sperm donation and the slot etc will be honoured and we will start off again asap.

I know why I understand why but it stings a bit it's taken so long to get to this point and we were at touching distance of treatment it got shut down.

I know am being irrational. Hope everyone doing ok at this hard time.

I also feel so guilty that my dad never knew if ivf was successful.

RonRon1 Tue 14-Apr-20 14:24:46

Hi thefishthatcouldwish

I am in the same boat as you. I think it's normal and natural to feel the way you are feeling.

I was due to start my injections on the 26th March and got cancelled right at the last minute. I was hysterical when it got cancelled as I had been waiting years to get to this stage and now have no clue when treatment will resume (we are NHS). I understand why, but that doesn't mean we can just switch off our feelings and get on with life as normal.

I have been researching like mad, scanning forums etc etc I check www.hfea.gov.uk/treatments/covid-19-and-fertility-treatment/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-patients/ regularly for updates.

From what people are saying on this, is that private clinics will reopen before NHS clinics and they will start back as soon as they are able to.

I do hope your ok. It sounds like you have had a rough couple of months. Sending you lots of love and hope.

thefishthatcouldwish Wed 15-Apr-20 07:09:34

Thanks Ronron

I know there are lots in same boat as me but ivf is shit and hard as it is without all this going on in world added into the mix.

Hope you're coping with lockdown ok. Aside from the nightmares am doing ok.

Papoy Sun 19-Apr-20 17:20:00

I was about to sign up to a clinic as well just before this happened... It feels unfair right now, but I tend to look at things some time later and say "that was for a reason"...

Lets hope this is only a detour .... I am sure we will get there in the end ....

And I dont know you, but being pregnant at a time like this might have been very stressful... I doubt I would be able to cope with it all... perhaps I am spared from the stress and worry for now.... thats my angle anyway... hope it helps?

thefishthatcouldwish Sun 19-Apr-20 18:35:42

@Papoy I agree re being pregnant or even with a small baby would be very stressful in current climate.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »